In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

See that red dot in the middle of the map.....

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2022 in General Discussion

Not the bullseye you want sitting on top of your place........It is going to be an interesting year !.

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

The Old Farmers Almanac says Missouri will have a wetter than normal winter. I hope they are correct. I know where I am in Michigan we could sure use a little extra moisture this winter. Bob

• 62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭

I know what ya mean.

We haven't had measurable rain in over 30 days..........North Texas.

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

I think the map is a bit off. Some areas of north central MO are much drier than the scale indicates. There were some spotty rains that hit here and there producing average or better crop production.

We finished shelling corn yesterday and it looks like the 200-210 bushel yield projected August 1 is down by 25%. Haven't started soybeans yet but in my professional opinion, those yields will be down similar amounts compared to late August projections.

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭

That ain’t good

• susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

Sitting in moderate drought here. Farmers are doing second cuttings on hay fields where they have never done it. Guy that maintains my fields got 27 in the first cutting. Last year he got 37. 10 round bale difference. Second cutting this year got him another 24 on my place. It helped in his shortfall of 100 bales. He has never done a second cutting here until this year.

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

We finished off the 2nd cut of hay this weekend…..The total of the two cuts this year was 10% better than last year…..and the prices are up…

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

I guess it's a good thing there's a major river running right though that area.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

I see some desperate guys chasing a very light second cutting but don't think it's worth the cost of fuel to chase it into windrows.

I offered to sell my hay at a very reasonable price to the guy who rented my pasture but was told someone else had hay cheaper. The renter was here yesterday asking if I still had hay to sell--guess he had second thoughts--too bad, all gone.