In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rem 700 to Rem 721 bottom metal?

sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure why Remington even bothered putting a metal floor plate on the 721 but, is it possible to use 700 bottom metal on a 721??

Thanx

Arrivederci gigi

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think so.

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

After looking at some schematics don't think it is even close. ymmv.

• AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭

I've never tried it but, since they are essentially the same rifle, I'd be surprised if it couldn't be made to work. It certainly wouldn't be a "drop in"; some wood carving would be required. I have a 721 but the only long action 700 I have with bottom metal is the 8 mm Rem Mag. When next I feel like puttering, I'll see if they will match up.

• sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

Thanx folks! Thought I'd read somewhere that this swap was possible. I guess just about anything is POSSIBLE, just might not be practical.

Arrivederci gigi
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,308 ***** Forums Admin

I too have a 721 in 22-250 of all things. Ya know give a man some tools and some spare parts..... Then the only 700 I have is an ADL, so no bottom metal.

• GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Yes, the 700 BDL trigger guard will work. You will need to modify the magazine box, or replace with a 700 BDL

magazine box. Also a bit of inleting needed at the front screw.

• sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

Wow Geri, I completely missed your post, and I apologize for that. However, now I've been given some pretty good news from a couple of you folks after I'd pretty much given up hope of having a hinged floorplate on my .270. I'll start keeping my eyes open for some bottom metal.

Thanx all

Arrivederci gigi
  • GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Midway sells steel \l bottom metal for the 700 rems. I have used them and like them

Also fitted 700 bottom parts to 721s and 722s . No problem.