In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sears 3T interchange parts Win. 190

338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

I have a Winchester model 190 receiver only and see a parts kit on gunbroker for a Sears model 3T all parts minus receiver and was wondering if the Sears parts will fit the Winchester receiver. Any info is always appreciated. Terrill

Comments

• navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

Mechanically the parts should be the same. The trade-gun versions usually have lesser expensive external parts, i.e., finish, stocks, sights. My un-expert opinion. Good luck.

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Memory is still foggy from the covid, but I think that series of Winchesters had the barrel press-fitted into the receiver. Take a look at the front end of your receiver; do you see that it's threaded or smooth? If it's smooth, then I may be remembering correctly, & barrel installation will cost a trip to the gunsmith, if you can find someone willing to do the job.

Neal

EDIT: The spline makes sense, otherwise aligning the sights would be difficult. You should be able to do the job with hand tools (rubber mallet & wood blocks). The only 3T I've seen had a different rear sight base than the 190 my daughter has, but whatever you have should work. You may need to sand the barrel a bit to get it into the receiver. Hopefully the previous owner didn't mangle the receiver.

Neal

• 338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

There are splines inside the front end of the receiver which in looking at some 190 barrels have splines that mate up to the receiver splines.

• gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

The 190 Winchester barrel has a nut around the barrel that screws into the receiver for which a spanner wrench will be needed to tighten.

The 3T is the same.