In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Adirondack Forest Preserve

4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭

I apologize but because of circumstances beyond my control I can't take the time now to elaborate on above Topic. I implore you if you would to please do some research on it. It was declared "Forever Wild" in 1892 by the "Blue Line". It was set aside for folks just like us. I spent the better part of my life climbing those mountains and stalking whitetails with my hunting partner of 55 years.

The New York State Legislature and our new Governor once again has spit in our face because of the US Supreme Court's decision on Concealed Carry Permits just as they did with the NY State Safe (unsafe) Act of 2013. In the dark of the night, I might add.

I could write volumes on this subject, but I just can't right now. In the end it all boils down to a gun's biggest enemies. Politicians and Rust. ---------------------------Ray

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited October 2022

And why would a forest need a Diversity Director?

"The Adirondack Diversity Initiative was established in 2015 by a group of volunteers. In 2019, the New York State budget included $250,000 under the environmental protection fund for ADI. ANCA hired Hylton-Patterson in December of 2019. She brought a unique perspective to the Adirondacks, ANCA said. Hylton-Patterson was born in Jamaica and spent her childhood in northern Norway. She holds a master’s in Pan African Studies from Syracuse University and a master’s in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology. "

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin

[And why would a forest need a Diversity Director?]

So there will be a varied selection of plants and animals in the forest.

I don't think that's the species they have in mind.

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Jim, this is where some of my research points also. I am told when you call for clarification no one picks up the phone. Like the Safe Act poorly written legislation that never should have been written.

Back in the day my restricted pistol permit stated "restricted to hunting on NYS game land and to and from range for target practice". I always carried pistol in pack for decades while hunting in the Adirondacks. So, I jumped thru the hoops, went to criminal court, wrote a long letter to the Judge and got my unrestricted permit. Funny how years ago I was restricted to NY State game land and now it is a felony to Conceal carry in the Adirondacks. Imagine if you live there. Most of the natives that I hunted along side up there hated the Adirondack Park Agency with a passion. They ruled the Adirondack Park (is it a Park?) with a Iron Fist like Andrew Cuomo ruled NY State.

I once asked a wealthy real estate man why his slick advertisement to come to the Adirondacks mentioned hiking, camping, fishing, horseback riding but not a word about hunting. He walked away in shame. As I recall this was Pottersville or Schroon Lake near Town of Adirondack.--------------------------Ray

edited October 2022

Reading some of this stuff reminds me of the seven round limit in the Original Safe Act and the Local Troopers laughing their butt off with their illegal 15 round Glocks.

And so I wonder where do these "Sensitive Locations" begin and end. ----------Ray

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Video captured fron Seung Cho's phone captures his practice with the gun he used in the Virginia aTech massacre in areas of Jefferson National Forest. Places that I personally frequent for Trout fishing and firewood collection. I never go into those areas unarmed.

Our county sheriff assured me that carrying a handgun, concealed or visible, in National Forest within Virginia is perfectly legal 100% of the time.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Better to be Judged by 12, than Carried by 6.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

Alot ofthe bs laws are headed to the scouts

By all rights every one is unconstitutional the last ruling stated any law or restriction had to be in place by 1791 any thing else is the government taking away our rights which they legally do not have the right to

But over the years people have just rolled over

With a lot of luck and bus loads of cash and lawyers

All the anti gun bs will be reversed

Cal NY , and a other blue states are fighting tooth and nail to keep control and hate loosing

edited October 2022

D-R, I hope you are right. 17 brave legislators voted against the Safe Act. The Rino's always complain "But we were out numbered" Lee Zeldin who is running for Governor once said he thought King Cuomo should be President. Little by little he finally woke up and saw Cuomo for the Tyrant he really is. Zeldin claims he would have voted against the Safe Act but he was in Virginia for Guard training at the time.

They say that Dummycrats outnumber Republicans 2 to 1 in NY State. I get very tired of legislators "out numbered" excuses. The Dummycrats can be beaten. Remember Governor Pataki. The way to beat them is Vote, Vote, Vote.

Dummycrats are like sheep (sheeple) they don't know why but they follow the first one in line down a path. I think the first one in line is on a mission to take away the 2A. Their parents, grandparents, great grandparents etc voted Blue and so they think they must too. I swear I think it is in their DNA.

One thing for sure. If I step over into another Wildlife Mg Area and shoot a illegal doe it is a misdemeanor but if i cross into a "Sensitive Location" with a concealed pistol it is a Felony.

D-R, you are a optimist. The world needs more of them. -----------------------Ray