In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Folks On Medicare, A Question

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******

Do you have a Part C policy? You know, a Medicare replacement that covers Parts, A, B, and D?

What does it cost you?

Do you like it?

Currently, I have regular Medicare, with an Aetna Medicare supplement and a Wellcare Part D for prescriptions. It costs around $420 a month, total.

I have no insurance for dental, vision, hearing, etc.

I am considering changing. Dawnie set me up with the plans I have now, and she said it was the best deal for the money. Things change over time, and my Aetna and Wellcare have both increased in cost. Also, Dawnie isn't here to shop for me.

If I can get better coverage for about the same money, I'll change, and now's the time to do it.

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

United Healthcare is about 120 a month from my research.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Humana which is free in our area or Blue Cross Blue Shield..

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

420 here every 3 months, F, B, D.

Best available. Watch out for changes, you might be sorry.

edited October 2022

oops stuttered

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

David, I have the Anthem supplement and Wellcare. It's not nearly that much.

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭

With Medicare Part A & B and a supplement which includes prescription coverage is costing me about $520 a month.

A lot of the cost is prescription coverage as I have excellent coverage, no copays for mail order prescriptions and small $7-$10 for prescriptions at the pharmacy.

• kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭

Depends on if you take a lot of medication. My uncle was paying more than $200/month just to have free medicine. He had that a few years and I noticed he had never taken much more than aspirin so I got him to cancel it about 10 years ago. He is in his 90s and still doesn't take prescription medicine. He is a pretty unusual example, perhaps.

• elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭

Are you a veteran David? If so, please register with the V.A. as soon as possible.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

I have regular gov't Medicare A&B and VA medical coverage. I have never shopped for any of those private insurance Medicare replacements mainly because I pay very little out of pocket for a couple of very expensive prescriptions.

My wife on the other hand only carries regular Medicare A&B. I'd like to find a good supplement plan for her that doesn't break the bank.

• 62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

I found it odd....strange.........ok......MONEY GRUBBING!!!!

....That the microsecond I turned 65.....I was inundated with 20% supplement insurance offers(and still am, to this day).

What really enraged me, was that these 20% offer coverage premiums were equal to or greater than the 80% coverage premiums I had.......ONE MICROSECOND earlier.

It's a racket......always has been.......always will be.

Once again......my $0.02

It is a "racket" for sure or JJ and Joe would not be hammering us day after day.

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭

Can't help you with Moldycare, nunn. I have Tricare for Life and the VA as supplementals and my out of pocket medical costs run about $50 a year.

We pay cash for our dental care. We both have good teeth, so that's minimal, and our dentist gives us a substantial discount because (as he admits) getting the money immediately without doing any insurance paperwork more than makes up for the discount.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

Those insurance companies that are trying to give us seniors special deals and treatment sure are spending a LOT of advertising dollars to get our business!!

It does not take the mentality of a rocket scientist to figure out that there is some kind of "legal" scam going on with all of this Bull chit! I could just about come up with a brand new conspiracy theory on this subject.

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

My wife and I each pay $39 a month and almost all our medications are no cost. United Healthcare Medicare Advantage.

• gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

I started on Medicare in January of this year. I signed up for Freedom Advantage as the supplement. It covers my dental and vision and all my prescriptions are no cost. It pays the Medicare and only costs me 50.00 a month but I get 125.00 in grocery’s and 25.00 over the counter meds each month allotment. That’s here in Florida and because I have COPD it’s a special plan . Basically they pay me every month. The Freedom Advantage plan paid for my cancer surgery all but 300.00 on a 160,000.00 bill.

• BpbreloadingBpbreloading Member Posts: 35

Plan F- no RX- Aetna supplemental. No co-pays Lucky me had a stent installed in March!

Total appx 380 month