In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I am going to say it. I hope he does not, but I know he will.

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2022 in Politics

Trump's ego is going to put a (D) in the white house in 2024. If he runs, he will get the nomination. He will lose the election. He should not run, period.

Here is why; tens of millions of people from all walks of life have a hatred for Trump that approaches my hatred for Hillary. You could run a baby rapist against him and the TDS folks and every (D) would vote against him.

He did a lot of good, he exposed a lot that needs investigated but he should pass the baton to DeSanits and put his considerable support into making sure the next POTUS is a (R).

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

I think the backlash against any R will be the same, Trump, DeSantis, or Kari Lake or who knows who.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

I have to agree with bpost. Their unfounded hatred knows no bounds. I hope DeSantis gets the nod and appoints Ivanka and Don Jr. to cabinet posts.

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Whoever they put in besides Trump will just be bought... same old dog and pony show..If Galvin Newsome runs..he will be the next president..he has been promised... voting doesn't matter..and you can't out vote Machines....

• chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭✭

I think you are spot on about Newsome. Being a relative of Nancy Pelosi gives him that family political support, and his San Francisco politics will win him the blue state vote. Factor in also his nazi daddy Klaus Schwab throwing the weight of the WEF behind him is going to make him a pretty strong contender.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Qualifications to be President

1. Must be popular
    2. Must be a better liar than a fisherman
    3. Must be able to figure out how to give away money from the govt.
    4. Must get along with the media and social media and tell huge lies that they believe
    5. Must be able to back track on any thing that you say and change it around to make yourself look good.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

I think by then we the people will Have That FEMA Government with the Ten districts under Military Law.

serf

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/martial-law-times-civil-disorder

Martial law involves the temporary substitution of military authority for civilian rule and is usually invoked in time of war, rebellion, or natural disaster.

Abstract

When martial law is in effect, the military commander of an area or country has unlimited authority to make and enforce laws. Martial law is justified when civilian authority has ceased to function, is completely absent, or has become ineffective. Further, martial law suspends all existing laws, as well as civil authority and the ordinary administration of justice. In the United States, martial law may be declared by proclamation of the President or a State governor, but such a formal proclamation is not necessary. Although the U.S. Constitution makes no specific provision for the imposition of martial law, nearly every State has a constitutional provision authorizing the government to impose martial law. The power of martial law, once held to be nearly absolute, has limitations; for example, civilians may not be tried by military tribunals as long as civilian courts are functional. Nonetheless, within the bounds of court decisions, a military commander's authority under martial law is virtually unlimited. Martial law has been declared nine times since World War II and, in five instances, was designed to counter resistance to Federal desegregation decrees in the South. Although a climate of mutual aid has always existed between the military and civilian law enforcement and should continue to exist, Department of Defense personnel are limited in what they can do to enforce civil law. Military personnel cannot be used in surveillance or undercover operations, and they may not be used as informants, investigators, or interrogators unless the investigation is a joint military-civilian operation in which the military has an interest in the case's outcome.

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

I don't disagree. The issue is not you, the issue is not me, the issue is not the (R) party. The issue is the tens to hundreds of millions of MSM viewers that think the Jan. 6th hearings were the truth, the whole truth and not made for TV drama. People WANT to believe NPR, MNSBC, CNN and broadcast TV. They want to listen to the late night talking heads, and they do. They watch the VIEW and swallow the crap by the bucket full. They want to believe Joy Bayher (SP?) is a damm Goddess of truth. So many millions are so full of TDS that even if God himself came down and said Trump done good for the nation they would still HATE HIS GUTS. They would vote for Satan himself before even listening to any words of reason. That is why he should not run.

On the other hand, if he doesn't run, they win. Even if they lose.

I think a good, well respected likeable public figure like Desantis could win. Florida is a huge win and Desantis could assure that. He is not as toxic to millions of people like Trump is. I can't see the future but if Trump was wise, swallowed his ego and thought it through he could be a king maker for the nation for the next 10 years. But, until the 2024 election season starts who knows what will happen.

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭

"The issue is the tens to hundreds of millions of MSM viewers that think"

LMAO at that statement.

1st, there are NOT tens and especially NOT MILLIONS of MSM viewers.

2nd, the few thousands that they do have, don't think!

FJB

MAGA, Trump 2024!

Oh yes he is hated...nearly as much as Trump...he will get the same treatment Trump did... you know why..?? Because they got away with it.. they got away with stealing the election.. they got away with setting up January 6... they know they are above the law.. Trump was just the beginning.. you ain't seen nothing yet..

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

Take a look at their ratings. They are all in the toilet. Late nite TV, IE Kimmel etc. Their ratings and viewership is so poor they all are close to being cancelled. Breitbart had a recent article on late nite TVs ratings as so poor major changes are eminent. Specifically the subject of Trump. People are sick of it.

CNN has such poor viewership and lost many advertisers. Same with MSDNC.

Rating to the Jan 6th We Hate Trump Fest was equally poor.

• 62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

One way or the other..........Tuesday's midterm elections will tell us VERY much!!

Red Wave.....or not. Election cheating....or not. MSM polls correct(read: biased)....or not.

If the entire country has lost its mind.......or NOT!!!!!

Time(about 48 hours)will tell......

As usual.......my $0.02 .

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

If Congress can be allowed to subvert The Constitution by/with the judicial branch like coining money with trillions of dollars of worthless Fiat paper money and then spend the nation into debt slavery. So then yes voting means nothing and there is no consequences. You are just subject to a plural dictatorship, Being the head of state is just a figure head for the money lenders buying votes,

serf

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

If Trump isn't the GOP nominee, it will be a 3-way race. There are at least 75,000,000 voters PO'd at how the 2020 votes were counted. Many will make use of the write-in on their ballot.

In that scenario it 100% guarantees a (D) victory. If Newsome is the (D) nominee he will make Biden look like a saint. I too am PO'ed about the election fraud in 2020. Nothing can be done about it so I refuse to allow past transgressions alter my vote based upon anger over something I can not change.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

I think its' naive to think that wouldn't quickly switch. It's the power the media has to paint someone as evil. They did it to Trump who used to be a Democratic party member and voter. They'll go just as hard against DeSantis. The question is whether DeSantis will be able to weather the storms like Trump has.

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

There is a lot of speculation about Trump, first he has to win the primary in 2024. Even if he would get the nod he can only serve one term. Between Trump or DeSantis I believe DeSantis would win the primary this time. If DeSantis does decide to run and would win the primary; I just wonder how many x girl friends and lovers of the past the Communist run media can dig up on him.

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

After last night I doubt he will even show his face in public very much. The R's got smoked.

RLTW

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭

bpost, you are spot on. I was there from the very beginning at the second or third demonstration against the Safe Act of 2013. Trump made a lot of promises and turned down a draft to be Governor of NY. I followed him and voted for him twice but now it is time to MOVE ON. ----------------------------------Ray

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

He doesn't know how to weather the storm. Most people would hunker down and play it safe until the worst of it was over. Trump would stand out in the worst of it, and try to act like God and make the storm end. As much as I agree with his politics, I really think that he should back off and back someone else. He is just such a distraction that he is always under attack, and nothing else can get done for us.

• NontypicalNontypical Member Posts: 27 ✭✭

Absolutely Agree 1000% ! When Trump had his team send DeSantis a message to "stay in Florida" and called him

"De-Sanctimonius", he lost a lot of respect and votes with millions of people.

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

It will be fun to watch Trump blow up when he loses in the primaries to DeSantis. Of course his ego won't let him accept his loss and he will run as a third party candidate and torpedo any repub chance in 24. I liked his politics but I wish he would just retire to MaraLago and play golf. Bob

It will be Desantis against Newsome in 2024..And Desantis will lose.. Don't know why people hate Trump so much because he was one of the best presidents this country has ever had..I guess we will get what we deserve..

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

This will probably not be very popular here, but I'd like to see and would Vote for Mike Pence. A voice of sanity in the chaos. Experienced and level headed. DeSantis would not get anything done, because he would be obstructed from the get go, like Trump.

Trump has too much baggage to run again. He would not win and like as been said above, his ego would preclude him from withdrawing and putting his support behind someone who could win, thus splitting the ticket and guaranteeing a Dem. win.

We need to be looking at the long picture here. Getting an Experienced Republican in Office is paramount.

Anything less, and we are screwed.

* My two cents. Worth what you paid for them.

What a difference two years make. Trump is no longer a viable candidate. The liberals and media have made sure of that. Like I said, even if they lose, they win.

Exactly... they are the Rulers... might as well get used to it...By the way.. Paul Ryan and Jeb Bush are backing Desantis for President... now let that sink in... Same Old.. Same Old...1 Big Club.. And We Ain't In It...

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,279 ******

I do not know just what it is about Mike Pence. To me he has always just been a shadow person. This may sound very silly or even stupid to most but back in my younger days growing up in the early 60's I had a couple of those 12" toy GI Joe action figures. Every time I see photos of Mike, I see my old blonde GI Joe has come to life!! 😲

• Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭

I like Mike Pence but I can't imagine millions of people voting for him especially what Brandon calls "MAGA Republicans"

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

They want another Politician in there.. someone who will play ball... Trump wouldn't play ball and only tried to help the people... they are going to make sure that doesn't happen again.. they have turned everyone against him... everyone..if that doesn't tell you.. nothing will..

Well now Mitch McConnell is backing Desantis...and I live in Kentucky.. that's not good... just another team player.. Looks like Dubya part 2 incoming..I was hoping he would be more like Trump.. but I guess we are going back to the same old song and dance.. America doesn't deserve a Good President..

Trump fought harder than anybody for the people.. Anybody... now everyone is turning against him.. the people will get what they deserve... the Democrats Won..live with it...

• Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭

Well, Trump is running for President in 2024...

May the Lord be with him.

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

This discussion has been closed.