In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

N.Y. State just won't quit.

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

N.Y. State Senate Bill # S9601

Removes the national rifle association from the list of entities authorized to grant certificates as instructors in small arms practice.

SPONSOR: RYAN

TITLE OF BILL:

An act to amend the penal law and the executive law, in relation to
removing the national rifle association from the list of entities
authorized to grant certificates as instructors in small arms practice

PURPOSE:

The purpose of this bill is to remove the National Rifle Association
("NRA") from the list of entities that is eligible to grant certificates
as instructors in small arms practice, and replace it with the Division
of Criminal Justice Services ("DCJS"), a state entity.

Comments

• grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭

Any self-respecting entity that has anything to with firearms should remove themselves from NY. The only way to punish a government is to take away part of their tax base.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,455 ✭✭✭✭

I heard about that

good luck to any one ever getting certified by NY to give gun classes

all the blue states politicians and there sheeple need to just disappear and wake up in China or Russia one morning they seem to favor it

I truly wish the supreme court would just order on a personal level severe punishment's as in jail time 10 yrs no plea deals and fines every thing they own being taken and never being allowed to hold any office for all the elected officials who go against the constitution

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

I find that putting political differences over safety for the people to be total INSANITY AT ITS BEST!

• ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭

Among the gems of the last gun laws they passed, is a requirement to pass a training course to qualify to get a pistol permit.

Current NY gun law states that you can't touch a hand gun without a permit. But you will need to take the above mentioned training, that includes shooting a pistol. The State does not have the training program in place to handle any new permits.

So who's on first??

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Kinda like the mandatory electric cars that you aren't allowed to charge in California. Politicians all suck.

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭

NY is nothing compared to the new law that NJ is trying to pass.

You won’t even be allowed to carry in your own car. Licensing fees of $200. You have to carry liability ins. Fines of $15,000 and 3-5 years in jail for violation of law. Any private citizen can make a property a gun free zone and you are in violation of the law if you are on their property.

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

They are also trying to pass a law that you must get written permission from your neighbor' (S) to hunt on your own land. -------------------Ray

edited November 2022

The Gun Club that i am a life member of offers the 18 hour course. (2) eight hour classroom classes and two hours of live fire. Members $450, Non-members $500. Yes a newbie should have some training but seems like overkill to me. It's deliberate to slow the process down. Permits are backed up to God knows when in my county. Sheriff has budget restraints on hiring extra help. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Governor Hoochie enjoys spitting in the US Supreme Courts face.-------------------------------------Ray

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,455 ✭✭✭✭

I just watched one of the pro gun youtubers

posting in NY

they are going after any company that ships ammo directly to any one private house in NY

$ 5000.00 fine for the company for each box if they catch them

said originally it was not thought to be enforceable by the powers to be

but they are dusting off the law and looking for more ways to take away rights

edited November 2022

Crossed my mind. How many can afford to pay the $500 + other fees for the 18 hour course to get a permit to protect their family and property? Seems to me most are trying to keep gas in their vehicle and food on the table. Maybe Governor Hoochie planned it this way to prevent newbies from getting a permit. -------------------Ray

• Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭

...I cant understand how any person who has/wants, likes guns, could/would live in NY, Commie-fornia, or any of the Lib ran states...I wouldnt care if all my family was from that state, or lived there, I'd be so gone so quick...life is way to short to put up with that crap...