In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Any Dish TV users?

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

I had to change routers and now my wifes TV can't find it. Anyone know where I go on the tv to probably enter my new router info?

It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Get the remote in hand, google how to connect your particular brand of tv new router.

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

Hit the remote button with the little house symbol on it, 'Home'. Go to 'Menu' and from there scroll through until you find the 'Settings' icon, click that and look for 'Internet'. That should get you going.

This is for setting the Dish receiver to hook up to the router. If you have a 'smart' TV it will have it's own WiFi receiver that needs set up.

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

OK, I followed that path NBd and see how that is done except I do have a smart TV. I remember when the dish system was installed a few years ago the Dish installer needed mt router info. I'll see if my son can help me.

Go ahead and set up both the Dish receiver as I explained and then go back in and set up the TV. Easy peasy. You got this. All of that router info should be on a sticker on the router. Since my router and TV are a ways apart I took a picture of the router sticker with my phone so I can just look at that while I plug the info into the Dish and TV.

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

Success! My son got it running in no time. I did as you suggested NBd but I was working with the joey receiver and TV in my gun room. My son worked with the Main TV & main Dish box. Nothing is easy peasy for Jeff anymore.

Thanks for the help guys.

• drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭

Yep always best to find the youngest person around and have them fiddle with it.

We also have Dish which goes out every time it rains or snows.

We never have any trouble with ours unless we get a heavy, wet snow that sits on the dish. Rain doesn't affect it at all.

Luckily, ours is mounted in such a way that a quick swipe with a small soft push broom cleans it right off and we're back in business.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Yep, every time it rains, my Dish TV goes out. Sometimes for hours.

I laugh when I see Dish ads, claiming "99% Reliability." Especially the commercial where the whole family goes in to the basement in bad weather/tornado alert, to watch the weather forcast.

Right....................................🤔😉😂🤣

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,275 ******

I cut that plug with Dish some 5 years ago. Now I just wish I had an alternative internet service so I could do the same with Hughs Net!

Living in the Boon Docks has many advantages, and they still outweigh the technological shortcomings!

Check out Elon's Starlink internet. From the reviews and reports of a couple of folks we know that have it it's the real deal and worth the cost.