In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

rail road strike

mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

biden going to force the contract house voted on it that will pizz them off

Comments

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

i am all prepped for the long haul even got 2 of the super mega packs of tp 🖕

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭

I used to know a couple of RR workers (one track maintenance and one who had some sort of job on the actual train). Working on the RR was literally 'the dream job'. These guys were always talking about how the pay/time/ and scheduling could be manipulated to increase a week's pay into a month's pay. One guy would drive 100 miles to get into a RR truck and ride back to within 5 miles of his house @ 30 MPH drawing full pay. Then ride back that 100 miles @ 2x pay because the trip and the work put the crew into OT. One guy would sign up for double shift knowing he'd get 6 hours of sleep just riding down the track in the company vehicle.

IMHO, asking for more when you're already getting TOO MUCH is grounds for a big slap down.

• chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭✭

Historically, the unions have always supported the Democratic ticket en masse. If Biden forces it, then basically they get what they voted for.

Just what this country needs- sky high diesel prices emasculating the trucking companies, and a rail strike on top of that. FJB

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Just passed house and senate. This will get real interesting the Govt telling them what to do

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November 2022

Remember when the Democrats raised holy he'll when Reagan put the air traffic controllers back to work?

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,312 ******

All part of the plan...

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

This is all a bunch of smoke and mirrors to make Biden look like he will straighten it all out, and for him to look like some kind of hero.

I worked on the railroad for 42 years, and in that time I remember 4 times we went on strike. Each time with in less than 24 hours we were ordered back to work by a federal judge. We were kind of like fireman or police, you have a union but you can’t really strike. And if you were on duty when a strike was called you still had to deliver the train to your destination, you couldn’t just stop the train and walk off. If the judge orders the strike to end the union leaders have to comply or their going to jail, and from what I remember the union leaders aren’t that dedicated.

Their just doing this ahead of the strike to make it look like Biden’s saving the economy. Smoke and mirrors.