In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Changes to shipping a long gun - who is left?

JaredCBellJaredCBell Member Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm trying to find which courier that I, an unlicensed person, can ship a rifle through to an FFL. I'm getting some mixed information as some sights claim that UPS will ship still and then others saying that they no longer accept shipping firearms from unlicensed persons. Is that true? Is USPS the only one left? And then you're limited to 108 inches total, (length x girth)?

Comments

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

USPS for unlicensed as far as I know. I just shipped one medium length for 40 bucks. $15.00 penalty for being over 30" length. Had one go to Idaho that cost me $75. Good luck. MIGHT find it cheaper to have FFL send it via UPS, depending what he chares for transfer.

• waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭

I tried to ship a rifle a couple months ago through UPS. I told her it was a rifle and she said to me, “I wish you hadn’t told me that”. She said there policy now is that you have to be an FFL dealer and be registered with them in order to ship firearms with UPS. I went to the post office and had no problem. Just have a copy of the receiving FFL so they can match the address on the package with the copy of the FFL dealer.

I wasn’t going to lie so I could ship it UPS account of I wanted insurance on the rifle. Bottom line they went WOKE.

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

USPS is the way to go. All of them can bust a anvil in half so packaging to withstand a lunar reentry with no parachute is advisable.

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

I have the special ups account but now finding persons that need to ship guns to help fund the cost involved is hard

• chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭

As has been said- USPS- the US Mail. There seem to be a number of USPS employees that are of the opinion that you cannot mail a rifle or shotgun- which is false. It is in the Domestic Mail Manual, under Restricted Mailings. Mail regs do NOT require it to go TO a FFL- you can legally mail a rifle to yourself in care of an outfitter or hunting lodge in another state.

HANDGUNS that are not antique or Curio and Relic guns cannot be mailed accept by Dealers and Manufacturers.

Pack well with at least 6 inches of padding at the ends of the box. make SURE it is unloaded, and no ammo in the mail.

• elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭✭