In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

8MM Nambu

PanteraPantera Member Posts: 1

Good day, what should I look for in a decent Nambu? what should I expect to spend? How important is matching?

Thanking you in advance

Comments

• Options
    Anti KueAnti Kue Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭

It will depend on what you are looking for. A shooter? A representitive example (guns of WWII, side arms of the Japanese military....) Or an investment collection.

A shooter could be a gun with litte finish or mismatched parts but not rusted or damaged. Cost about $400- $800

An example gun would have better finish and good markings, matching would be a plus but not required cost $600- $1,000

An investment gun would need very little finish wear and all matching parts. Cost would be $1,000+

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Walt should be along shortly...

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, as above it DEPENDS on what you want it for. Matching is key for value, finish is rough for most of the wartime versions. A "small trigger guard" represents the early version. So if you want a "wartime made version" it will have the "large trigger guard " if you had gloves on your finger will fit inside it. PM me if you want some more info as there are so many things with Japanese pistols and rifles that would make your head swim in trying to figure out the differences.