In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fiala complete set

chicoppeechicoppee Member Posts: 312 ✭✭

Gentlemen,& Ladies

I have a complete set of Fiala items that I'm going to post for sale on GB. This set includes the original case as well as the 3 barrels,buttstock and the receiver. Rifle barrel with the buttstock is over 27 inches long but with the 7 or 3 inch barrels and no buttstock they constitute a pistol.

My question is "Can I ship this set as a Rifle ? "All the parts in the set are disassembled while in the case so I would argue that it is a rifle--- that would make it easier and cheaper to ship!

Thanks for your replies !

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

My opinion is that it is primarily a handgun and will need to be shipped as such if the entire set is shipped together. Nothing would prevent you shipping the short barrels separately from the rifle version of the weapon. The two regular shipping charges should be cheaper than the handgun rate. Bob

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

As above ship it as a rifle. AND post a link to the auction, I want to get a look. Haven't seen one in quite some time.

• chicoppeechicoppee Member Posts: 312 ✭✭

Great idea.s

Thanks Gents

Ill try to let you all know when I post it !!

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭

I'd rather err on the side of caution. Odds are, someone must have requested a decision letter on the Fiala set from ATFE; if so, they can quickly give you a written letter that will ensure a smooth transaction.

Punishment for a mistake would be painful.

Neal

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Having contacted ATF some time ago three times by phone 😴 I received 2 different answers and one IDK, don’t know about that. Ship it, ATF has got more to do and no one who knows what to do unless you are a big fish - you are mailing a rifle —imo only

• AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭

Don't forget to give us the auction # when you list it. I once had a set like that and am very curious if it's the same one! Wouldn't mind having it back.

• chicoppeechicoppee Member Posts: 312 ✭✭

Sorry to say but i sold it to a friend.

Nice set with purple velour inside, each piece compartmentalized,

all matching numbers under 200 so it was a very early set.

Now i have to list all the other parts and barrels.

Sorry no 2 inch barrel

Pete