In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shipping to FFL

Sydney333Sydney333 Member Posts: 3

Just sold my 1st firearm and getting ready to ship. Seems UPS "next day air' is my only option. Is this how the sellers on GB ship? I also read that UPS has recently tightened their shipping requirements on the shipment of firearms. Does anyone have any advice on this?

thanks

Comments

• Sydney333Sydney333 Member Posts: 3

The below is taken from the UPS website. And I don't see anywhere in the below where a private individual (who is NOT a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer or licensed collector) can ship a firearm. Any clarification appreciated.

UPS accepts packages containing Firearm Products for shipment only as a contractual service and only from Shippers who are licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, or licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code) to authorized recipients, as outlined in the approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

To transport packages containing Firearm Products, the Shipper must enter into an approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

The shipper must comply with and must ensure that each shipment containing Firearms or Firearm Parts complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package, including, without limitation, age restrictions. All Firearms and Firearm Parts shipments must also conform to the terms, conditions, restrictions, and prohibitions set forth on this page at the time of shipping, in the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service and UPS Rate and Service Guide in effect at the time of shipping, and in the approved UPS Firearm Products agreement.

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

They are many posts on this in the forums and might look those up here. A long gun can ship USPS legally as long as there are no restrictions and to an FFL. Handguns, take to your local FFL and have them do it for a charge. Long story short, make it lawful.

• Sydney333Sydney333 Member Posts: 3

Thanks for commenting. I didn't know that an FFL would ship a gun for me. Of course me paying the shipping etc.

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Started in Sept individuals can't ship from ups,fedx without FFL can't even take to hub,I had to get the special acct now they have to pick shipments up a my location they are fighting to put the screws to everything I had hoped I could get some shipments from folks like you but a lot of individuals have left gb due to the tax collection and such

• Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭

Go to the main page & click on "Buy". Then "Find an FFL".

Contact those in your area for one that will ship for you.