In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

6yo shoots teacher.

redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭

Teacher and kid get in an "altercation", kid somehow has a gun and intentionally shoots the teacher.

Six years old. I just don't know what to say.

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

Newpert Noose is right next to Porchmuth.

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

6 years old is a baby. When I was 6yrs old it was ma'am and sir. I played with cars and trucks and only cap guns.

I look back to when my children were 6, when my grandchildren were 6, I just can not imagine such a thing as what has happened. Prayers for all.

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

It is a cultural thing, a failed culture for sure, but a cultural thing never the less.

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

I was 6 my beloved sand pile behind garage with cars and trucks WTF

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

ahh how cute just like daddy

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

... and the gun was available to him how? I lived in Newport News (actually Ft. Monroe) for a year. Great area except for the Nor’easters.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭

Total failure of the parents . Hang them out to dry .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • claysclays Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭✭

This is a perfect example of where the parents should be held accountable. Great case to show gun owners they have a responsibility to secure their weapons or be held liable.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

Parents or lack of any gudince and tespect all the way at fault

• jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭

At that age I could shoot a cap buster with the best of them and shoot at a lot of Indians. Never ever thought beyond make belief.

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,133 ✭✭✭✭

Any bets on how many "shooter" video games this kid has played? They tell us those games have no influence on behavior.

Yeah, right. They also insist that seeing anything related to sex makes kids into sexual predators.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭

Sad for sure. Kids do not understand what really comes from a gun. The parent… yes I will bet it’s a single moms gun … is to blame.

Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭

Ignorance begets ignorance...

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

"Experts said a school shooting involving a 6-year-old is extremely rare, although not unheard of, while Virginia law limits the ways in which a child that age can be punished for such a crime."

Who has ever heard of this before?

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain

Is this a hate crime?

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭

So, what ethnicity is the 6 year old?

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,828 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering if the school is spinning this as totally the child's fault when there is more to the story? It may come out when video is released to lawyers.

Reports are that the teacher was shot through the hand and then her upper chest.

What I'm wondering is if the "altercation" that is now reported as an "interaction" is the 25 year old teacher going into panic mode and trying to take the pistol from the child which resulted in the trigger being pulled by either her or the child.

Methinks there is more to the story. We may never know.

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (AP) — The 6-year-old Virginia student who shot and wounded his teacher pulled the handgun from a backpack and shot her while she was teaching his first-grade class, a police chief said.

Watch the update in the player above.

Newport News Police Chief Steve Drew on Monday offered the first description of how the shooting happened. He had previously said that the shooting was not accidental and declined to elaborate.

He said the student pulled the gun out, pointed at the teacher and fired at her. He said there was no physical struggle over the gun preceding the gunshot. No students were injured.

Drew said that the gun had been legally purchased by the child’s mother in York County. It was in the child’s residence, he put it in his back pack and brought it to school, the chief said.

READ MORE: Local mayor says shooting of teacher by 6-year-old ‘a red flag for the country’

The teacher who was wounded Friday in the shooting, Abby Zwerner, was in stable condition Monday at an area hospital. Describing her as a hero, Drew said he had spoken to her and one of her biggest concerns was for her students.

Drew said after the shooting, the boy was physically restrained by a school employee and that he struck the employee. The boy was taken away in a police car.

edited January 2023

I wonder if this teacher (Abby Zwerner) was one of those indoctrinating kids to become trans?

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭

At six years old there really is no reasoning in a child, and at six years old a child is just starting to understand right from wrong. This act of violence he carried out I’m sure was planted at home in his up bringing some how. I’m no psychologist but I do believe in monkey see monkey do.

With all due respect, that's painting with a pretty broad brush.

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,312 ******

@jimdeere a lot of our members have very broad brushes they like to use, even though they have no idea what they are gonna paint....

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
  • lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

I can't blame the 6 year old kid at all. I've never met a 6 year old who had the power to reason let alone understand the harsh reality of shooting someone. This is a failure of his parents. No more, no less.

I'm not saying it was justification. I am merely speculating based largely on the trend we see in teachers her age. This was the picture circulated in a Fox article apparently pulled from her own Instagram account. I'm not sure what you're suggesting about it.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Thought I was pretty clear about my meaning to your comment, Mr. Perfect.

What part was unclear?

*With 3 "Likes," it appears other's agree with me.

I'm failing to understand what you think is clear. Do you think I pulled a picture of someone else? Perhaps you're being taken in by the mass media who is very sympathetic to woke liberal teachers that want to paint her in the best light possible? Have you considered WHY the student shot the teacher? I was six once and little that I did back then had zero motivation. Do we blame the parents for his access to guns? Well yes, of course. And that has been said many times even in this thread. I am merely speculating as to the reason a 6 year old would want to harm his teacher in this day and age. Are you satisfied with the "well he was just 6 and didn't know anything about anything" line the media is propagating? I'm not. I don't trust the media at all to be giving us the whole story and frankly I thought you distrusted them too. More than likely they're running interference for her. I hope not. I hope she's not one of those who's trying to indoctrinate kids. But remember where this happened... in a state where the media's darlings were put on notice by the governor.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited January 2023

Apparently there is footage from a hallway camera that shows the 25 year old teacher (who was suffering from two gunshot wounds) making sure all of her students were safely out of harms way before she sought aid for herself.

The chief of police referred to her as a hero.

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. -- In the moments before a 6-year-old Virginia boy shot his teacher, there was no fight, no physical struggle and no warning, authorities said Monday.

"What we know today is that she was providing instruction. He displayed a firearm, he pointed it and he fired one round," Newport News police Chief Steve Drew said.

Drew, who spoke during a news conference, offered the first detailed description of a shooting that shocked the city and was notable even in a country like the United States that seems inured to constant gun violence. Drew had previously said that the shooting was not accidental and had declined to elaborate.

Drew said he wanted to clarify remarks he made just after the shooting on Friday, when he said there was an "altercation" before the shooting. He said it was more like an "interaction" between the boy and his first-grade teacher at Richneck Elementary School, 25-year-old Abby Zwerner.

But Drew also reiterated that the shooting was "not accidental."

"It was intentional," he said.

Drew also revealed that the 9mm handgun used by the boy was legally purchased by his mother and was in the family's home. He said the boy brought it to school in his backpack the day of the shooting.

Zwerner put up her hand in a defensive position when the gun fired, and the bullet went through her hand and into her upper chest, Drew said. Although her injuries were initially considered life-threatening, she has improved and is currently listed in stable condition at a hospital.

Drew hailed Zwerner as a hero for quickly hustling her students out of the classroom after she was shot. He said surveillance video shows she was the last person to leave her classroom.

"She made a right turn and started down the hallway, and then she stopped. ... She turned around and make sure every one of those students was safe," Drew said.

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if she took posession of the gun before she removed the children from the room.

edited January 2023

Not sure, but I am impressed she was still up and moving and had the ability to get all the other students out safety. There was another adult who went into the room and restrained the shooter until police arrived

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I stopped reading that mess, after a sentence or two @Mr. Perfect. (I don't pay much attention to MSM.)

Up to 5 likes on my comment now. It appears others agree with me.

Have a nice night.

edited January 2023

There's been a lot of discussion about arming teachers . I think that's a decision to be made by each individual school district.

However, training on how to de-esculate an armed confrontation should possibly be mandated for all teachers, pre-school through college.