In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

Yep, I am going to feel SO MUCH safer. Lori said crime will "stop" in Chicago as soon as it is passed and that's a quote. 😶😵🤡

• utbrowningmanutbrowningman Member Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Shotguns banned:  A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least one of the following: (i) A folding, telescoping, or collapsible stock. (ii) Any grip of the weapon, including a pistolgrip, a thumbhole stock, or any other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing.

When I read that, all shotguns can be banned based on ii. Unless the trigger guard is considered part of the action. But the trigger finger is certainly below "any portion" of the action, which is against this idiotic bill.

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the owners of assault weapons , will be grandfathered in. They did that in NJ, but really, nobody is going to turn them in. Wonder how many cops will be willing to go door to door, to confiscate them, and risk their lives.😉. Not many, I bet.

Senate votes today to pass the "new" version. JB in the wings to sign and stop crime that instant. Then I will be a felon if I don't register in so many days or "dispose of any said "unlawful" items per the great state of liberal utopia of Illinois. JB was talking yesterday on how we have to get this done, JB is is my hero, saving lives.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Was reading yesterday, has passed Senate and House. "Just waiting to be signed by the Governor, who has indicated that he will sign it."

Bans "Assault type weapons," (whatever that is?) long gun mags over 10 and pistol mags over 15.

Current owners of weapons to be "Grandfathered in," but have to be registered. (By I believe, Oct 1st.)

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭

For years when I lived in Illinois, I hunted with a Remington 870 with a factory stock which had an extended pistol grip build into it.....Heaven forbid, I could get a good purchase on it so now we need to outlaw the horrible thing !!

Glad I got out of that craphole......I feel for all those still there and hope they wake up some day and vote the liberals out. But I fear it may be too late...

Well, happened as expected. We were at the gunshop late last night getting the updates and heard JB had signed the bill late. I went home and woke up with all the glory this state has, about 25 of my firearms are now illegal. The supersized Prickster is gloating and with Lori Lighthand and Kim Fox in their glory. Criminals, real ones get a pass on crime and us blue collar people take the blunt of this law.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

its so sad every democrat ran state thumbs their nose and flips off the SCOTUS

I wish they would say to all of them go against the constitution and you loose every penny and all support and funding from the government to your state even if a castratory hits no matter if natural or man made your own your own

I did read 27 ? county's in Il said oh hell no were not enforcing the laws with the gov come back stating the state police will be removing all those sheriffs out of office if they do not comply

with in a weeks the law suits will work their way back up to the SCOTUS

and start all over again

so much for swearing a oath to supporting and defending the constitution

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Give them time.. this will be in every state..