In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Illinois will fall to firearm bans in January

GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

Got notices and they Dimrats, HAVE the votes for all kinds of bans. "Assault weapons" ,high cap magazines, being able to sue the manufacturers, NO ONE under 21 to own a firearm, and much more. And yes, this will happen. The Dims, have had this in the works for some time. I am so pi zzed at this moment that anyone with a D is just insane and following in lock step with this Prickster and all of Chicago's agenda. Lightfoot says it will STOP gun crime. And they say it with a straight face. Republican's better learn to get in the game and play real dirty or the whole country will fall with this nonsense of all these bans.

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

When those measures fail to reduce crime, what will they do then?

• waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭

Grasshopper, are you telling me you don’t have faith in JB Fatpuck, he says he wants to stop crime and protect us, only kidding. I’ve read some of the proposals and from what I read anything semi automatic will be considered an assault weapon, and if you want to keep it you will have to register it, and knowing how this state operates I’m sure you will have to pay a tax to register it as well.

Until they get their head out of some where and decide to declare war on the gangs and put and end to this nonsense of disarming law abiding citizens even more people will die due to this communist lead doctrine of theirs.

Also starting the first of the year they will be starting their new safe act policy, it’s where they can’t keep you in jail if you can’t come up with bond money, they say it’s racist to hold you. So I would recommend that anyone that’s interested in becoming a career criminal, come to Illinois, the opportunity’s are endless.

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

Yes Walter REGISTER them at $25 per firearm and magazine - Crime will uptick, guarantee it. Then they will want the firearm you registered so they won’t get stolen. It’s a shell game and there is no pea under any shell, the state wins and the snowball has become bigger.

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭

I am sorry for you all.... I was lucky enough to take my pension and get out of there about 8 years ago... I have lots of family still in Illinois. And a lot of old co-workers that will have to deal with crime issues....

Illinois has been circling the bowl for a number of years, I fear this will be a final step....

• kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭

They won't get a handle on it until they can convince blacks to stop misusing guns. That is a large chunk of the problem right there. In fact, has anyone ever had the guts to break gun crime (all crime, really) down into demographics? I am tired of EVERYBODY suffering because a few nitwits think it's cool to put switches on their Glocks and spray bullets all over the place. To solve the problem, you have to know what the problem is.

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Tougher laws & more prisons built. Never happen in any state where the Dems. raine and much of the population are black. These black kids don't stand a chance. No father to hit them along the side of the head when they do wrong and mothers never around.

Talked to my best gunshop owner and he is beside himself. He has some connections to a couple people in the rat a=zz governors sidekicks and they are kicking around the idea of having a "tips line" where you can get a reward anonymous of course if you let the proper authorities that such and such has a rifle or pistol that is not "registered." I think and hope that is not the case but the liberals here know no bounds. Kind of like the Germans did in WW2 comes to mind.

Yea, every sheriff south of Joliet wants nothing to do with the UNSAFETY Act. I guess the libs can get me without the "registration" cause I have ZERO criminal record but having a black rifle.

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Your FOID is a license for the state to come bust your door down at 4:00AM to get what you got and then jail you for decades. All the while, car jackers, street shooters, muggers and rapists are given no bail and no jail time.

• drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭

I visited my best friend in Des Plains IL over Thanksgiving. What a crowded crap hole. I do not miss Illinois at all.

He mentioned that BLM tried looting the area but the armed presence of all the shop owners and neighbors put a kabosh on their attempts.

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

they start no cash bail in jan too going to be a show priztger has the eyes on 2024

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

I get so mad and frustrated how four words can not be understood after swearing a oath to up hold them

"shall not be infringed "

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭

I was happy to see the county I lived in for many years is one that told them where to get off.....it is going to get interesting real fast.........

• waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

The county I live in also said they won’t comply either, but here is what is confusing me on this issue. The sheriff is an elected position, so in a way they are politicians and will have the vote in mind as well as the constitution they say they will up hold. Also why is the sheriffs department even involved in this? Are FOID cards we are required to have have always been handled through the state police since 1968. Could this be that the state police firearms owner identification division plans on giving the sheriff office of each county the names and address of each individual in that county that holds an FOID card, and they are to go to each house and see what kind of firearm that individual has. That would be a violation of are 4th amendment it seems to me.

Sounds to me that this is just another feel good law not very well thought out. Kind of like Biden shutting off are gas supply and blaming everyone else for the price increase.

Yes, Walter you are correct. The Sheriffs Association said it will not go "door to door" to do anything about what passed in the night with JB signing in the same night with a big grin. JB says they must obey or lose their jobs. Kind of like JB welcoming illegals by the thousands which is breaking the law he is supposed to uphold. We are a "SACNTUARY STATE" which itself is illegal overruling the federal laws of immigration. They want it both ways. The "people" are pushing back against the liberals and they are not liking it.

JB stated the state police will be in charge of taking control of this and the few I have talked to want nothing to do with this at all.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

Someone here said " If you think it's time to bury your guns, it's really time to dig them up."

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

The Governor was on the news today..He said they would enforce it or they would be looking for new jobs...

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin

Proves what an idiot that governor is. The sheriff is elected by the citizens. Governor no touchy.

• Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭

Sheriffs in Va did this several years ago declaring their counties as 2A Sanctuaries. To retaliate, the democraps in charge then denied them raises.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

That was under Governor Ralph "Mengele" Northam's administration. There's a new sheriff in town.

• hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭

An Illinois judge on Friday (Jan 20) granted a temporary restraining order barring the enforcement of a new Illinois gun control law against roughly 800 plaintiffs.

The law, signed by Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker last week at the start of his second term as governor, caps the sale of high-capacity ammunition magazines,automatically and “extends the ability of courts to prevent dangerous individuals from possessing a gun through firearm restraining orders.”

The ruling is limited to the plaintiffs – more than 800 Illinois residents – in a lawsuit led by Thomas DeVore, a former Republican nominee for Illinois attorney general. The plaintiffs argued that the ban violates the Illinois Constitution.

Effingham County Judge Joshua Morrison determined that the bill likely violated the plaintiffs’ rights and paused the state’s ability to enforce the law against the specific group.

The judge said in his ruling that state officials did not abide by the procedural requirements needed for the law to “stand up to the strict scrutiny that is required when restricting rights to avoid definitional irreparable harm.”

“This legislation has used criteria to choose who can and cannot possess the weapons that without due consideration,” Morrison said. “Additionally, due to the speed with which this bill was passed, the effect to protected classes could not have been considered, nor could the Legislature have studied if this was the least restrictive way to meet their goal.”

The office of Illinois Attorney General Kwame Raoul, a Democrat, has filed a notice of appeal and will ask the appellate court to reverse and vacate the temporary restraining order, spokesperson Jamey Dunn-Thomason said in a statement following the ruling.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron