In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Magazine Max apacity

For those of us living in a state that outlaws sales or transfers of magazine over a certain capacity -- would it be legal to modify the magazine so that it no longer exceeds the legal magazine capacity - such as welding a pin to the bottom of the follower to reduce capacity?

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin

You would have to clear that with your state goons. In the past some mags have had factory installed blocks to limit capacity of a regular size mag housing. I seriously doubt that a home applied limiter would be acceptable to the goons.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

Again, check with your state JBT's. When I was a teenager and started hunting, my only gun was a Remington pump shotgun inherited from my grandmother.

I whittled a stick and inserted it in the tube to limit the capacity to three rounds.

I'm not sure that would fly today.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited January 2023

Unlikely. If it wasn't grandfathered in, you're in violation. And I would never encourage anyone to ignore a gun law.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain