In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

An Example of What Not to Do???

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

A

woman in Texas was shot dead by someone who was attempting at the time to demonstrate how to use a gun safely, according to police.

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭

sounds like a balwin copycat.......

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

Tragic mistake that can't be un done

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

Truly sad for all involved .no turning back or unseeing such events

About twenty Or so yrs ago I read a story in about a young girl who invited a friend over he friend did not like guns but the 1st girls dad was going to prove how safe they were to the young girl

While the girls were in the room he was showing them a pistol then put it to his head my he took out the magazine forgot about the one chambered

And yes shot himself in the head right in front of his daughter and her friend

I would image that did not help the girl over her fear of firearms

I know of three more tragic events that happened to friends and family over my life just stupid handling of a gun and not following the basic rules

• Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭

A claim to fame when the S&W autos were issued was that they wouldn't fire with the mag out. "BUT, as the story went." A detective removed the magazine & held the pistol to a suspects head. When the suspect wouldn't talk, the detective pulled the trigger & the round in the chamber went off. It turned out putting tension on the trigger prior to removing the mag bypasses the safety feature. Perhaps a story, but hopefully it would save a life.