In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Strange phone call from my sister

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in General Discussion

I have two sisters. My one sister lives in Houston, and I talk to her weekly. My other sister, I haven't heard from in 39 years. I couldn't tell you if she was alive or dead, or where she lives. This morning around 9am, I get a phone call from my estranged sister.

Little background. When she was 18, she hocked all my moms jewelry, stole my parents credit cards and money from their gun store. She was a heroin addict. I wasn't privy to this info, until I was in my 30's. My parents told her to leave and never come back. I haven't heard from her since.

Anyway, seems she lived in Florida, California and a few other places. She has lived the last 20 years, about three miles from me. She supposedly turned her life around, has a great husband and two adult children. She wants to get together for coffee, and explain what she did. I forgave her a long time ago, and am definitely going to see her. She got my number through a mutual friend.

I called my parents to see what they had to say. Both my parents said, " Don't mention her name and we don't want to here anything about her". Okaaaay. Guess that is a sore subject. My mom was quick to change the subject.

I will go visit her, but not say anything to my other sister and parents. Hope this is not some ploy or something else. Oakie

What would you guys do????

Comments