In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sourdough

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
edited January 2023 in General Discussion

One of the kids who rides my bus helps her mother make this bread. Reminds me of the bread 1911a1 fan made:

I particularly like the hard crust.

mrsdeere says it's in how you kneed before baking?

Comments

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

Oh boy!!! drizzle with hot olive oil, sprinkle parmesan cheese on it,,,, wooo boy doggy

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

The only sour dough

I remember eating was a fast food place I think it was called Friendly's may still be some but not I know of

When my wife and first dated 1978 we would stop by on a Fri or Sat night go to a movie and then Friendly's as it was close to the long torn down theater that was popular at the time konteikki or something like that was the name

I would order two double Supreme Burgers on sour dough bread

the place closed down maybe the food chain it's self I don't know mNy yers ago

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

Rumor has it that the best sourdough bread was made by accident.

What do you do when the beer you are making "sets up" solid???

You just bake it! neuk, neuk, neuk 😁

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Looks good. Do you have an official taste tester? Are you on good terms with all your bus patrons? And you trust them? :)

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

Me. Yes. Yes, I've known the mom since she was a teenager.

• Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭

Jim drives in a rural area with good people. I remember him noting that "his kids" would help him gut a deer if it just happened to fall near his bus.

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭

I have to stay away from fresh bread like that loaf. I have no will power with fresh bread with plenty of butter.

I remember visiting an aunt in PA. Her MIL used make fresh bread with no recipe, just a handful of this and that to make the bread.

My mother has a recipe for spaghetti gravy, which is thicker than sauce. My mother would make her gravy and we would have the fresh bread to go with the spaghetti.

I was comatose for a while after all the carbs in that meal.