In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

J-Frame Holster

truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody have a holster (make & model) they really like for a J-Frame snubbie? I have been carrying a J-frame a lot lately and have gone through several holsters, each of which has had one or more issues. Price isn't the issue. The main problem has been durability even for the high priced ones. I want right-side OWB, leather (no plastic), no retention strap over the hammer, fully covers the trigger area. Any recommendations?

Comments

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited January 2023

My J-frame holsters, such as you describe:

One ancient original Roy Baker Pancake. Long out of production, but found on the used market.

Jim Burke belt slide. Burke is dead, but I think someone else has taken up where he left off.

Don Hume H21OT, OT means Open Top. The regular H21 has a thumb-break strap.

https://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_5&sort=20a&page=2

I heartily recommend any Don Hume holster. Great quality, reasonable pricing and outstanding customer service. Many years ago, I wanted a Sam Browne belt that was not in the Don Hume catalog. They had a regular Sam Browne, and they had a buckle-less duty belt with a Velcro lining. I called and asked for a regular Sam Browne, but with the Velcro lining. Nice lady said she could get it done, and took my credit card information. A few weeks later, I had my custom Sam Browne belt. I still own it, but it has shrunk somewhat hanging in the closet. 😁

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Contact Rob at Simply Rugged and he will set you up and you will be very happy you contacted him:

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain