In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dreams and old age

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

Not the ones we have as goals we never reach lol

But the ones we have while sleeping

I have always had many and way more of my share of nightmares that Steven King would be proud of

Of course the ones about great looking gals that some how my wife or dogs always seem to wake me just as it's about to turn into a r rated dream dang it

But any way last couple years I seem to have a lot of interacting dreams with family and friends that have all passed on

Noting bad just normal activities like working together , out fishing ,

I know some say they all have meaning or have interpretation for them .

For now. My guess being older I have way more departed family and buddies to think about of course

Maybe just my mind reliving and keeping alive fond and good times spent with all of them and doing so keeps them alive thu me and stories I pass along

Any one else seem to have more dreams about departed friends and family as they have grown older

Comments

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

Not good for some of us. My MIL is going through the final stages of terminal cancer. We got called to come to what was possibly her final moments a few days back. Sitting there watching her struggle took me back to my own Mother's final night on Earth. Later that night, I experienced the worst dreams I'd had for years--just reliving Mom's last hours over and over each time I dozed off.

Occasionally, something triggers flashbacks of military service that cause all sorts of 'bad dreams' (nightmares so real I can almost feel the heat).

I'm not a fan of dreams.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,276 ******

For good or bad, I really do not dream much and if I do, they seem to magically disappear a few moments after I wake up.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

I do know some are truly terrible

My departed BIL suffered with them from serving in the military (he was ranger) I found out after he passed I knew he was in the army he never said much about it

Any way his wife one day years ago we were spending time on vacation with them in Ga.

She told us many nights she would wake up with him chokeing .or being combative with her while he was still sleeping it finely ended their marriage and have know sadly ,too many more with similar stories .

I wasn't thinking about all thoes people when I posted about dreams I apologize for that

having a life time of such events is a terrible Thing to deal with

• waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

I feel to remember or have dreams of people we have known and that have pasted away is telling me that they are not gone, but are still loved and still alive in are heart.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,276 ******

My slightly younger brother told me that when I started to use my new c-pap machine about a year ago, I'd get very vivid dreams and even in full color. NOPE! So far nothing but he said he does and can entertain me with dream stories that would embarrass me to tell!

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

I don't know it it the c-pap like brooks mentioned or if I just didn't remember the dreams as much before I got my c-pap. but between it and old age I dream a lot about being out in public and trying to find a clean bathroom to use, seems the toilet will be overflowing or out of order and I will run all over town, mall from store to store, or down hallways from office to office looking for one, and I usually wake up right as I find a clean one, then have to get up out of bed to go use the bathroom, must be a subcouncious thing.............

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Lately, I have been dreaming of things/experiences I put down to prior Lives experiences. Some are SO Real. (It's difficult to explain.) Shared some of this with another Member on the phone, a week or two back.

I have Always had extremely vivid/lifelike dreams. It's like going to the movies every night. Very unusual if I do NOT have dreams while sleeping.

Like @Ditch-Runner, I have major problems sleeping, most nights. 😢

Ken

I can relate I have dreams so real waking up I was still under the impression it was real

I knew better but they were so vivid and realistic

Funny I have had dreams I did not want to end lol

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I had one of the most vivid dreams of my life a week or two ago. (Spoke of it the next day, on the phone, to another Member here.)

(Again, attribute it to a prior Life's experience.) I was in a Ranger/Scout Outfit leading a detachment of Soldiers in the Civil War, on the run/climbing in extremely steep/rugged terrain - here where I live. (See my Sig line.)

It was SO real, I could see the sweat on my compadres, the texture of the outfits we wore, our boots, our weapons, etc. (Later looked up the weapons to identify Springfield Carbines.)

We were singing a song, "Going Home." I woke up lightly singing the tune around 3:30 am. I knew the words, the melody, the Chorus, etc. Just freaky. Woke up in a euphoric sweat. An absolutely incredible dream. One of the most real, I have ever experienced.

I will always remember it.

Like we all have talked about in different post

Their is way more than we will ever know or understand about our self

I have seen lots of shows about people who recall things from previous life's in such detail no one can explain how they could know with out being their and it's a world wide experience

I try and keep a open mind and realize so much is beyond our comprehension

I have had similar dreams but just write mine off as to much TV and movies but who really knows

• fatcat458fatcat458 Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Prostate disease runs in my family. For about the last 10yrs l dreamed i could PEE freely. My urologist made that dream come TRUE in Sept🤩

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭

We lost our daughter at 47 from cancer. Every once in awhile in a slight manner she reminds me of this in one way or another.

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

I have dreamed about going somewhere, very vivid, then many years later I end up being in the same real location I had dreamed about. Spooky to say the least. No I don't smoke shrooms or nanner peels.

Logging timber for my house years ago.I had a log/winch truck with a small tool bin built between the frame to hold , tools, saws, what ever. Dreamed one of the chain saws fell out of the bin and I ran over it.

Next day I secured everything with extra care so saw would not fall out. While driving to where I was logging the muffler came loose and dropped down on the pavement, guess where the tail pipe went, right up through the bin, knocked saw out on the road and yes I did run over the saw. Bent handle pretty bad but didn't mess the saw up.

Note, best to wake up quick if you are dreaming about " squritin the dirt".

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

My dreams have sent therapist to see a therapist