In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

An idea I'm toying around with....traveling to list collections.

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭

I've been fortunate to have people trust me to sell their items.....but I think there is a niche that could be worth trying. I just don't know if I can focus on both what I'm doing and offer this service. I have almost everything I need to be able to do this. It would work like this....

I'd need to get portable lights and backdrop because what I have here could not be taken on the road.

I'd bring my laptop, photo supplies and a lot of shipping supplies with me.

I could get the pictures, list the auction on their account and leave them with their items packed up to ship or leave the supplies to do it themselves once they receive payment. They can watch the listing, answer emails and send things on out when they get paid.

I'd just charge the costs plus some fee to do this. I don't know if it would lead to much, but it might be something people would like who are hesitant to let sellers like myself take their collections.

The percentage that I charge now is lower than most consignment sellers, but we are able to keep enough coming in so that it we are able to keep our team running. I don't know that people would pay enough for this service for it to be lucrative. Someone looking at it would think "its just a few days work, why would I pay all that money"....but in reality it is paying for knowledge and time away from another business.

Just an idea for now......who knows, it might be something I try someday.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments