In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

MA. Residents - What are the major No No's?

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in General Discussion

My Son and his long time Girlfriend moved to/now live in MA.

My Son was contacting me with questions related to his having to "Register his Firearms." He only has 3, two by recommendations from me (a .357/.38 Special Revolver and a .357/.38 Special Rossi 92 Lever action) and one I gave him. (A Win. 1300 Defender.)

What are things to be avoided?

I'm guessing any mag over 10 rounds, AR's etc.

Comments

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Should have avoided the state of Ma. Just a short walk over to Vermont. Or, he could hang out with Ken in Tennessee. I believe the most gun friendly state in USA. 😊 ------------Ray

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭✭

Agreed, 1st major No No is........

moving somewhere that has an illegal registry!

Other than that, I am of no help (I know that was great help 😁)

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Here is a link to state GOAL it should answer your questions.

If his job is close enough to New Hampshire and he can commute I would live there. They have constitutional carry. Vermont had the same mostly but they have put a lot of restrictions on ARs.

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I have spent a lot of time in Mass. installing equipment in medical research centers and universities. Back then 2002 - 2005 there were some very good gun shops there and I bought a lot of guns. I spent $24000.00 in one shop just outside of Framingham. They were going out of business due to the death of the owner and had a lot of very good stuff. Would I live there?? No way. If I had to work there, I would live in New Hampshire, or Vermont. When I was there, I met a firearms attorney, and his main business was representing folks who had some kind of charge against them who had to get rid of their guns while they waited for a court date. It was up to the chief law enforcement in your community to decide if you were allowed to own a firearm. If I remember correctly, they had an A, B, and a C, firearms license and each allowed different rights. Only certain handguns were allowed. A Glock had to have been made before a certain date and those guns were worth at least twice what they would have sold for in N.C. And on top of all that the food and weather both suck. Mass. is not a good place to visit and a much worse place to live. But a lot of folks do live there, and I did meet some really good people so just my opinion.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Oh Trust me, I've been busting his chops about moving to another Lib-tard State. (They moved from CO.)

When he started texting me about what to say on the registration forms for his firearms, I asked him how they knew he had firearms. (Crickets)

I asked him point blank, why he thought I would gift him anymore firearms or leave him a bunch, only to have the State move in and confiscate them, (for pennies on the dollar, if that.) 🤔

I've previously told him that a lot of what I have is Illegal in MA. 😮

He moved near Great Barrington, his Mom lives in Fall River. (Very close together.) His Mom found the Cottage they live in, before they moved from CO. They moved from CO "because it was getting too Liberal." (To MA?)

Maybe one day He will figure things out.

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Man, Fall River is ugly. I stopped there to have a custom leather motorcycle jacket made at Vanson Leather.

I've been there several times Ricci. My Ex's Grandparents had a house out in the boonies. (Fall River) I've not only been there a bunch of times, but we got married there, in the woods behind the house. Reception at the White Stag Inn.

My Ex, bought out the other Grandkids and bought the house, and completely re-did/modernized/enlarged it a few years back.

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

You know if you live long enough some day your son will come home and say "Dad, now I know what was coming out of your mouth while you were yapping away and i was not listening. It was "Wisdom" ---------------------------Ray

We're getting there Ray, but sometimes I wonder.

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭

G. Barrington is opposite end of the state from Fall River

Being on the west end of MA things are a little more laid back

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, he is there now. It sounds like he put himself on the Police radar by making a phone call. He should send the guns back to you for safe keeping until the illegal registration laws are over turned or he gains wisdom and does not comply with illegal laws to begin with. It is what our founders fought and died for.

I could have Fall River, confused with Mill River.