In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1911 colt value

mgd1977mgd1977 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2023 in Ask the Experts

I have a colt government model 1911 45acp. not in showroom condition on outside but function's flawlessly and is very accurate (constantly low to the right couple inches) . I inherited this with few other low value beaters I use and enjoy regularly. I don't have any history on this gun. Unfortunately I was to young to shoot it when grandpa took me out to the creek to shoot bb guns and a 410 I cherish. 1911s just aren't my thing and i have no children to will it to so I'm considering selling it or recently took to local shop to see if it had enough value to trade for a used shotgun I was interested in and thought 800 might be low or i might be expecting too much, if anybody with more knowledge could let me know approximate value based on serial#248874-c and i will add pictures

Comments

• tocamohatocamoha Member Posts: 270 ✭✭

As of 02/19,2023.Click on Search ,then advanced,then Search by seller, enter Locust Fork .The first page is topped by three 1911's in a row with actual realized auction prices .

• TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭

The ones on the above mentioned Locust Fork sales list are listed as ex U.S. military owned, which almost always bring a bit more money than civilian models of the same age and condition.

That said... I do believe yours is yours is a really nice civilian model and from the pics you posted, $800. is way too low in my opinion, I would think a retail gun shop would be asking a minimum of $1,600. for it, especially if it completely original and untampered with.

No matter what my opinion is on value, the mentioned seller Locust Fork, if you could consign it to her, will get you top dollar ,and she will handle all the paperwork and shipping to the winning buyer and will take just a very reasonable commission.

I would say contact her through Gun Broker and you will be very happy at the outcome.

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

mckaygunsales@gmail.com

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

in this market i say 1200+

• mgd1977mgd1977 Member Posts: 2