In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Malcome type scope?

MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
edited February 2023 in Ask the Experts

I picked this up at a local gun show (.50/70 on a stevens 94 action), does anybody know about the scope. No marking anywhere, 32 1/2 " long

. ??

edit; I did find "4X15" and a circled "H" on the rear eye piece

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

I know Tasco made their 1860 replica for Navy Arms 50 or so years ago but I think they were all marked on the eyepiece and caps. Perhaps your markings have been buffed out. I really wanted one of those back in the day but couldn't afford one and it looks like they are bringing pretty good money nowadays. Bob

• forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
  • chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

That's correct, but were available up until the 1980s or early 90s. They were sold mostly by Dixie Gun Works in the 32-1/2" length picture above, and also the same model in an 18" length. Both were 4x15 power with fine crosshairs, and both came with the same cast brass mounts as well.

• MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******

"That's correct, but were available up until the 1980s or early 90s. They were sold mostly by Dixie Gun Works in the 32-1/2" length picture above, and also the same model in an 18" length. Both were 4x15 power with fine crosshairs, and both came with the same cast brass mounts as well."

thanks guys, that's probably what this is

• chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭✭

This is the same scope in 18" that I got from Dixie Gun Works many years ago. You can see that Dixie marked it with the D.G.W. above the power and Japan markings. There is no 'H' marking on this particular scope, however, the mounts that came with it are identical to the ones in the original picture. I did not care for the cast mounts, so I planned on using Unertl type mounts with click adjustments and putting it on a re-built Stevens Favorite.