In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Value of a C.A.I. M-1 Garand please

asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭

20 years old and in VERY good condition. Thanks

Comments

• TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

If it's one of the ones with a cast receiver, a good bit less than a GI one $800 or so. I bought one at Dunham s twenty years ago for 400

I could be off but that's what I was offered.

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭

I would not buy one at any price. Just too dangerous.

Neal

• kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭

C.A.I. is Century Arms International. I bought several surplus military arms from them out of Shotgun News back in the '80s. Used to be in St. Albans, Vermont, now I see they are in Del Ray Beach, Florida. I did buy an M-1 Garand from them, but it was an H&R from the '50s.

After reading reviews online, it appears no one can say they have firsthand knowledge of any type of receiver failure although some are badly out of spec, causing cycling problems. Many others state no problems at all, so 'ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances!'

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭

If my memory serves me correctly I had it "looked" at by a good local gun smith. AFTER I bought it I read some negative issues about it. Was told it was one of the better ones? I guess the issue was the cast receiver. Shoots pretty. well. Thanks

• elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭

I pretty much agree with all of the above answers.