In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Countdown To Opening Day Trout Season!

BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,350 ******

This Saturday and I am all primed and ready to drown some bait and tell some whopper stories!

Comments

• Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

So how was the fishing? The other Granpa was a big fisherman. His club had property on the Manistee, I think. Never been there, but he used to take me out on Lake Erie.

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭

Any luck !!! ??

• Options
    edited September 2022

Just a bit of luck this season since I cut back on my fishing a lot this year. Been spending much of my free time out in the shop working on another muzzle loader rifle build.

I didn't really do any counting but in about 4 trips to the big stream I fish in Manton, brought home around a dozen trout in sizes ranging from 9 to 14 inches. Mostly Browns but a couple Brookies and a Rainbow in the mix. I plan to go out with a brother who is doing his best in surviving lung cancer for the last 3 years. Will be fishing in his neck of the woods in a creek that flows into the Rapid River near Rapid City, Michigan. I will do my best to post about any successes if we have any! Joel

The most fun I had was when one of my sons came over and brought three of my grandkids along with him. Those rascals sure do enjoy getting into the fun of fishing!

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭

yep can't tell which is grinning bigger, the fish or the granddaughter.........

• Options

The season opens here the last Saturday in April, just a bit over a month away and I'm stoked! It has been a VERY long winter!

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,001 ******

Well, you been out? Howd you do?

• Options

Sorry for the very late reply @montanajoe , but only caught one Brookie so far just an inch over legal size. Been out twice and until we get some very needed rain and lots of it, I'll be doing my fishing in the lakes around here.

Our draught has turned my favored trout streams into slow flowing ribbons of water. Todays forecast calls for rain starting around 7 PM this evening and supposed to rain all weekend. I have my fingers crossed and my right hand on the Bible for it to be so!!