In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mashed potatoes and The 5 second Rule

Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in General Discussion

The 5 second rule applies to food items that have been dropped and landed on the floor. If you pick up said food item within 5 seconds...no problem.

For example: Your Oreo (or Hydrox, depending on your preference) hits the floor. OH NO!!! MY COOKIE!!! Don't panic. Be brave, focus, move quickly, and pick up that delicious snack and pop it in your mouth where it belongs.

However, there are some foods for which it is difficult to apply the 5 second rule. Mashed potatoes, for one. Some of the mashed potatoes will no doubt have acquired a dog hair patina while some remain pristine.

How then should the 5 second rule be applied? I really need to know although 5 seconds has already passed and my dogs took care of the matter long ago.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

Comments