In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wind damage

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Here is Meigs County Ohio and the surrounding area yesterday. I lost some shingles and the winds were in turmoil. One minute they were a steady 15-20 out of the SW then 30 seconds later they were gusting 50 or so out of the west. These winds blew things around that have not moved in the 20 years I have lived here. Trees, mostly already dead are all over the local dirt roads. Of course the Township will let them lay until we local residents move them ourselves. The gusts blew a HEAVY radio off of a table sent branches careening across the yard like tumble weeds. Today, sunny warm with light breezes.

Not sure of area wide damages aside from the Gallipolis Middle school losing their roof.

Comments

• wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭

WSAZ news in Huntington, WV had a report where a man was in his yard trying to secure items that were about to blow off and a large tree blew over and killed him. Absolutely terrible.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,454 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

I heard a lot of people here in Ohio lost power we lucked out only electric flashed a few times but stayed on and most every thing is still in one piece around here

hope our Luck holds out

I worked with some fellow actually two brothers from Gallipolis about 40 yrs + ago both were union carpenters building a addition on good Sam hospital in Dayton where we met

they were two fun guys and the family's were all the same friendly as could be went deer hunting on there moms place.

we were trading cars ,trucks, guns,car trailers motorcycles . had a blast long distance it was a easy hour and half or longer one way drive our wifes suggested we pile it all half way and just make it community property to save trips LOL

sadly I lost track of them not long after I quit construction that was in 1977 or so

there names are ( were ) Bob ( nick name big Bob ) and Rick Smith some days I wonder what became of them I tried looking them up years ago but with Smith as a last name not much luck . If there still around I wish then the best

• slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Not to worry. aoc and Mr. Kerry are gonna fix all the climates.😉