In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Grand Jury votes to indict Trump

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Well, this sets an interesting precedent if nothing else. Which politician is next on the chopping block?

Oh yeah, never mind, the GOP is too feckless and pathetic to go after anyone, cause "we can't stoop to that level guys".

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

Will Trump turn himself in or will he make them arrest him? I'm leaning toward the arrest scenario because that will enrage his base and probably cause semi-violent protests thus stroking Trumps megalomania.

Sad that politics is nothing but tearing down your opponent to further your own gains. What harm it does to the country has become irrelevant to attaining and holding positions of power. This goes for both sides and Trump is just as guilty of using that approach as any of the so called Washington elite. Bob

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

Democrats, 2015 " We got him, now!"

2016 "We got him, now!"

2017 "We got him, now!"

2018 "We got him, now!"

2019 "We got him, now!"

2020 "We got him, now!"

2021 "We got him, now!"

2022 "We got him, now!"

2023 "We got him, now!"

2035 "We got him, now! Trump tore the safety label off his lawn furniture!"

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

I consider the indictment as a gift that will certainly help his reelection bid.

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

They are liable to start a 2nd civil war! I pray NOT but they have lost all morals.

This is designed to keep Trump from competing in the 2024 election AND to distract from the left's failures! IE. Inflation, trans shooter targeting Christian children, collapsing banks, war in Ukraine, high gas, high interest rates, and possible WW3 on the horizon because of their failed policies and actions!

They are masters of smoke and mirrors. Don't look at ALL this chaos that we caused......Look over there, we finally got Trump.

It's a disgrace!

• Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

It is indeed a disgrace but where is the conservative voice leading this country? Nowhere to be found.

as you say, this is a liberal plan to keep people from seeing the actual problems that our country has. That means it’s the perfect time for a conservative to step outside the madness and lead. But no one has and it appears that no one has the stones to do so.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Mike55 is spot on. This DA claims he is looking out for Democracy and the Constitution. A Harvard Grad and a BS artist. Tonight I feel like I am living in a Third World Country. If this crap keeps up I will reverse course and vote for Trump a Third time.

Did you know our new Governor Hocul wanted to start up Covid quarantine camps but "We the People" started to hammer her. Lee Zelden started to come on strong and even though we are outnumbered almost 3 to 1, He only lost by 5%. Hocul skirted the State Constitution on the quarantine camps and dumped it on the Department of Health. Then she and her cronies got beat up in the courts. The slime balls in Albany really got cold feet and were afraid they were going to lose the election for Governor if Hocul pushed the quarantine camps hard before the election.

Governor Pataki served for three terms starting in 1995. This state will never see another Republican Governor.

The Dummycrats will use any tactic to REMAIN in POWER. When will the State Police or NG come knocking on my door? "Sir, we are here to take your guns" --------------------Ray

• Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭✭

I’m beginning to see that desantis is just another politician. He was looked at as the #1 republican candidate by a lot of people, myself included. But not now. I don’t see him being strong enough or vocal enough to lead this country.

in any event, I’ll vote republican and support the candidate we choose because that senile old ba***rd in office right now has got to go.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

Absolutely! I will stomp for Trump because he has proven what he stands for and I KNOW he will fight for us! But if the left gets their way and cheat him out of it, then I will vote Republican. That is assuming that the country isn't in an all out war by then!

I believe that most red blooded Americans have FINALLY reached their limit! If the left successfully charges and prevents Trump from seeking office, then I believe a civil war will ensue. I am NOT advocating for that, because it would be horrific and probably the downfall of the USA. But simply letting them get away with ALL this crap will also be the end of the USA. IMHO.

• RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭

2023 - Trump indicted.

2024 - Trump elected. 🇺🇸

spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Civil war would definitely be the end of the United States. I see the true Trump fanatics as being a quite small subset of the countries population and all they would accomplish is to hasten our demise. If that occurs, I'll be honest and say that I don't know who's side I will be on, because I am not sure Trump is worth it and no one will win anyway. If they manage to bring down the government you better be ready to learn to speak Russian, or more likely Chinese.

I was having my doubts about DeSantis until he came out and said the indictment is a travesty of justice and he would not allow Florida to aid in Trumps extradition to N.Y. A typical politician would kick his opponent when he is down but he is taking the high road. Bob

BobJudy, interesting that the Tyrant King Cuomo has turned on the New York DA. Given time they will eat their own.

We can only hope that the Dummycrats will have the DA for Dessert! ----------------Ray

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain

Trump is not worth it, but the big picture is NOT about Trump.

Not sure what fanatics you speak of, but there are MILLIONS of Trump supporters who LOVE this country!

Those millions see that this banana republic witch hunt affects us ALL and this is bigger than Trump.

True Americans have been LETTING the left commie machine destroy this country for years. If you can't stand up and push back now, with this blatantly obvious abuse of govt power, then you will never stand up. If that's the case, the USA is over already!

I agree that this is bigger than Trump. That being said I think there are much better ways to change the tide of the "progressive" bunch than by resorting to the civil war that you referenced. To preserve the country we must not resort to the tactics of entities like BLM and antifa. How many people will die, how many people will become destitute and how vulnerable will the country become to outside forces if the chaos of mass civil unrest or even war is unleashed? With today's overuse of social media, it won't take much to light the fuse. In addition to your "millions" of Trump supporters creating chaos, how much rioting, burning and looting will be done by folks that have no political ax to grind but just take advantage of the turmoil?

Yes, I want change and will continue to support candidates who want to return us to being a constitutional democratic republic, but it needs to be done a bit more gradually to avoid destroying what we are trying to save. Believe me, I totally understand the frustration, and the desire to make changes, but they must be done in a positive way. Bob

THIS is what is wrong with our country. The left and the media twist words and mislead for a living.

I never said that we SHOULD have a civil war. I said THAT is where the left, and media, is pushing this country. They are not "progressives", they are flat out Marxist.

I pray that we don't have a war of any type.

Also, I never said the millions of Trump supporters should create chaos....again your words not mine.

I am pointing out the facts. Their are millions of red blooded Americans that are sick and tired of getting railroaded.

Anywho, we need to vote and vote wisely. Also need to start seeing the big picture. Too many people that don't care if something happens to you, as long as it doesn't happen to them. Well folks, sooner or later it will happen to all of us. They aren't after Trump, they are after us.....Trump is just in their way!

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭

This is just the beginning.

I heard one commentator on the radio that this indictment is just “Practice” for the Democrats so they can see how to get every future party that objects to their power.

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

I don’t see how this will change any votes in either the primaries or general. Martyrdom only works with a sympathetic figure, something Trump is not. It looks like Bragg has picked a judge that shares his agenda, so this has a chance of going to trial, which it should not. A bombastic defendant who has a propensity to pick horrible lawyers will do nothing to advance his cause, and those who are enthralled with the man are likely to continue to overlook his failings.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Those who have animosity towards him as a person will never admit how good his policies were/are for this country.

Don, Yes, the judge is a big part of the whole picture. I watched a man pleading with three Appellate Court Judges with tears in his eyes to Appeal the "NY Safe ( unsafe) Act of 2013". He claimed he was speaking for "We the People" They looked down their noses and told him "No you can only represent yourself" and denied his challenge. Yes, the Judges were appointed by King Andrew Cuomo. King Cuomo's successor tramples on the" Bill of Rights" and defies the US Supreme Court. Sad, they all have the same Agenda.-----------------------Ray

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Don't worry..the Bushes will get Desantis in.. just like they did Obama..oh by the way.. he's getting ready to move back to his home country... Kenya.. enjoy the show..got your popcorn ready..??