In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

color the gun

DevvdDevvd Member Posts: 1
edited April 2023 in Ask the Experts

Where is the place to blue the guns, thanks a lot?

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,357 ***** Forums Admin

Find a competent gunsmith near where you live. He can fix you right up.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

The frame is the place to blue the gun, it doesn't work so well on the wood.

• Options
    1873man1873man Member Posts: 130 ✭✭

I depends on what your bluing and if you want it to look original. Most gunsmiths will use a modern blues which are black not like the old time blues which actually are blue in color.

NRA Life Member
    Cody Firearms Member
    Winchester Arms Collectors Association Life member
    73_86cutaway.jpg
  • Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭✭

Don't destroy the value of a rare collector piece. If you wanna touch up a few spots, cold blue works O.K. I did a Colt .44 kit and it turned out pretty well. A professional job will cost$$$$. Welcome aboard and don't pay attention to the catty answers. It is getting late and their Jim Beam is getting to them. Semper Fi.

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******

just to note; there are 'other' colors than 'blue' this is a .45 I had done in 'chameleon'

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭

It depends. You need to tell us the make & model, & what are the problems in the finish that you think warrant rebluing. In many cases, you will want to renew the original metal texture, contour, & stampings before you reblue.

But, if price is not a concern, & you want the best, talk to these folks:

Neal