In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Vice Presidential Authority When Presiding as the Leader of the Senate, when Overseeing the Results

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2023 in Politics

Of the Presidential Election.

A Hot Button Topic, I understand/acknowledge. My Bro up N. and I have been batting this back and forth all day, and days previous.

Personally, I believe/think that VP Pence came down on the Correct side of the Constitution, as far as his role as Leader of the Senate and his role in the POTUS Election. (Would you like to see Kamala questioning the Electoral Vote?) Personally, I do not.

Personally, I believe he (Pence) showed great backbone and Constitutionality in his role that day. (Jan 6th.) and did not bow to the enormous pressure levied against him. I believe he made the correct choice that day. (Again) IMHO.

He (Pence) showed Morals, Constitutionality and Courage, under incredible pressure. IMHO. He (Pence) appears to be a Man of Conviction and Faith. I like that.

If "Cheating," took place, (and I am open to seeing any Proof out there, if it exists,) where is the Proof? After a couple/three years, any said "Cheating,"and the Proof should have been discovered/shown, by now. I am open minded and would Love to see any said Proof.

I Voted for Trump twice. I do not plan on Voting for him for a myriad of reasons this Time. My Man is Pence, for the reason's stated above.

I have watched a cvouple in-depth interviews with Pence. I am impressed. He has (also) gone out of his way to not throw Trump under the bus, regardless of Trumps gross lack of civility towards him. (Not to mention, putting Pence and his Family in danger/jeopardy on Jan 6th.)

Comments

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

I kind of agree. I think he (Pence) was in a no win situation.

The cheating issue was more of a constitutional issue in how people were allowed to vote and when votes counted and did not count because of errors by voters on their ballot.

With so many courts backing the Democrats and using COVID as their cover there was almost no way to overturning the way voting took place.

If Republications are ever to win again they have to get better organized at getting out the vote and voting in a block or we will never again see a Republican President again.

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

I agree Ken. Simply because the Republicans were outthought by the dems with all of the mail in voting was no reason for Pence to add fuel to the fire by playing the sore loser like his boss did. Instead he took the high road and avoided tearing this country even farther apart. I am glad we had an adult as vice president and do think he would make a much better President than Trump could ever hope to be. Listening to Trump lately, my first reaction is that I wish he would just go away and stop dividing the party. I know I will get flamed for saying that, but I am being honest about my disdain for both egotistical Trump and his chances for being elected again. Bob

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

He had the power to to stop the steal..and he didn't..so there's that.. but who cares..right..??

After 2 1/2 years, I am still waiting for some credible evidence of a stolen election. Face it, the dems just out maneuvered the republicans and won without having to resort to cheating. The only folks still believing that the election was somehow stolen have swallowed Trump's egotistical rantings hook, line and sinker. Trump just couldn't accept that he lost, so he justified that loss by tossing out wild accusations to assuage his bruised ego. He acted like a immature child that kicks and screams when he doesn't get his way. At least Pence acted like an adult, and helped to save the integrity of our election process. If he hadn't we might have been even worse off than we are now. We need more adults in the government and less petulant, immature, egotistical blowhards that seem to get voted in more and more often lately. Bob

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭

Yea ok.........and the Clintons have never had anyone "taken out" because the govt never showed you any proof. SMH

Just sayin'

edited April 2023

So do you have any credible proof about election fraud? Wishing something is so doesn't make it true. Spreading unfounded accusations does nothing but divide the country even more. Sometimes wild unfounded conspiracy theories can bite you in the butt. Just ask Fox news, they settled for 3/4 of a billion because they knew they were wrong and at least they were adult enough to finally admit it. Bob

• Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭

Put into sporting terms, the Republican team needs a player and manager upgrade.

If Lib vs Conservative was in fact a sports competition, the Republican owners would be offloading the deadwood and acquiring some committed and dedicated players ready for the upcoming contest. The party would be cultivating talent, aligning on tactics, and listening to the voters that are all saying the same thing: do better.

But, the Republican party seems incapable of driving, unwilling to stand up for what Conservatives really believe in. Instead, they react to the Lib agenda, they try to play the Lib game against them. That's a losing strategy if there ever was one.

Trump lost. The end. Doesn't matter how. He lost and America is paying dearly for it.

I want to see the Republican party move on from the disaster of 2020 and build a clear winner this time.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

I don't have any "proof" that Epstein killed himself or that the MANY other "suicides" were perpetrated by Arkancide........AND there is a reason you won't see proof.

When they control the media and the govt, proof goes POOF!

Their favorite saying....."who you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?"

You REALLY believe that basement Joe received more legitimate votes than ANY person in the history of the United States.

"Come-on man"

A few points for your consideration;

The dems have spent generations creating a class of people dependent upon gov't handouts.

The dems have successfully convinced those people that the country owes them something.

The dems have convinced those people that the republicans will cut off those gov't benefits and actually make folks stand on their own two feet.

The dems used the pandemic to mail all of those folks ballots that didn't even require postage or any real effort to fill out so even the laziest could vote.

There are more eligible voters in this country than any time in history. So if you combine that fact with the examples listed above, then yes he could have garnered that many votes.

LBJ started this when he reversed the parties goal of Kennedy's "Ask not what your country can do for you..." and was quoted as saying "I'll have those n*****s voting democrat for 200 years". Since then the dems have expanded gov't giveaways to include people of every race and built an extremely loyal base while bankrupting the country just to stay in power.

So yeah, the dems have out thought and out fought us at the ballot box without having to resort to the fraud you are alluding to without any proof. Bob

edited April 2023

Mail in ballots without any type of verification IS fraud. Ballot stuffing IS fraud.

It's ok, I know they cheated(with the help of lots of rhino republicans). Some people would say ANY proof isn't ENOUGH proof.

Our great nation is almost destroyed. When they input another D in 2024, then it is all over except the crying.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Lots and lots of good proof in the 2000 Mules movie. You should check it out.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I think @BobJudy, pretty much Nails it here.

I believe it was Ben Franklin, (?) That said "Once the Populace discovers they can Vote themselves, benefits/funds, Democracy is Over." (Or thereabouts)

That is where we are at.

Paying people to stay home, (don't work) pay for their housing, pay for their food, pay for their phone, on and on ad nauseam, creates a (Generational) Class of people that have decided that the Government owes them a living. Well, guess what? Taxpayers, (those willing to work) DO NOT owe you a living.

Those people will do Anything, Vote for anyone that will guarantee they do not have to get up off their (Generational) lazy backsides. You know it, and I know it. The math has caught up to us. More people want to sit at home and collect free benefits/$$, than are willing to work.

They Vote accordingly. Creating a process that people do not even need to get up off their lazy backsides in order physically show up in order to Vote, AND show a Valid ID, is a recipe for disaster.

(Again,) That is where we find ourselves today.

Say what you want, otherwise, the above that I have stated here, (as has Bobjudy) is the pure unadulterated Truth.

It's not "Cheating" anymore, it is the Laws that we have LET get passed for generations, that have landed us where we are. The Math, is now against us.

It is fraud when you allow unfettered mail in voting. That was never voted on and passed into law. It was just executive fiat like most other BAD ideas.

I agree, their base votes for them for the reasons stated. Still, changing voting laws just because you want more votes is fraud.

Well, I did ask for credible proof. 2000 mules appears to be nothing more than an attempt by D'Souza to make money off of the election deniers. Most if not all of his conclusions made in the film have been debunked by pretty much everyone that looked into it. When entities like Fox and Newsmax don't give it any consideration or air time that should give you pause. When the maker of the tech that was supposedly used to track the mules says that the tech can't be used to draw the conclusions that the film makes, that should give you pause. When one of his geolocation maps purporting to track the mules is actually a street map of Moscow, that should give you pause. The fact that all of his so called mules have managed to keep their alleged participation secret for 2 1/2 years, should give you pause. I could go on and list some of the outright lies made in the film, but you get the idea.

I wanted the film to be true because of my conservative bias, but obviously was disappointed to discover it was nothing more than a money maker for a conspiracy theorist who makes his living off of catering to a certain section of the population. Of course by enforcing the preconceived notions of that portion of the population, those folks don't even realize they are being fleeced. Bob

edited April 2023

Just saying/stating, See I told you so, there's that - in no way constitutes "Proof" nor is it a valid rebuttle to a well thought out position.

There are some pretty smart/intelligent people on the Republican side, more and more are debunking and admitting that the "Fraud" cries, hold no water. Quite a few Judges were Trump appointee's.

Mike Lindel was just ordered (by an Arbitration Committee) to pay a Computer Tech $5 million dollars, deciding that he had indeed proved Mike Lindel's "Fraud" claims/data in a "Prove Mike Wrong," challenge that Mike put forward at a Tech Conference, incorrect/flawed.

There's That. 🤔

*Mike is also next up, in a Dominion Lawsuit filed against him for Defamation. ($1.3 Billion) Fox has already conceeded/admitted defeat, settling Out of Court in a last minute settlement for $750 +/- Million in a $1.6 Billion Lawsuit. How much you wanna bet, that Mike is close to follow? Dominion is forcing people to "Put Up, or Shut Up." They (Dominion) are doing pretty well in that regards, so far.

No-One has been able to Prove that Electronic results were skewed/tainted, thus far.

Oh, yeah - in case you are wondering, I am a die hard Conservative Republican. Not willing to be lied to or Misled/Fleeced.

Show me some Legitimate "Proof." I'd love to see it.

• JohnERebJohnEReb Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

When I hear those who cry about election fraud, I remember one of the funniest things I heard on Rush Limbaugh when he referred to KOOKs. Keepers Of Odd Knowledge. Rush has died, but the KOOKs live on. 😀

If there was any proof of election fraud, I'm sure Fox would have found and presented such proof instead of settling just before the trial for more than 3/4 of a billion dollars.

• dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭✭

We are all going to get a second chance. Looks like Trump vs Biden II coming up. Who you voting for?

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

I agree with Don.

I'd prefer to Vote for neither one. (Unless it comes down to just the two of them, then it's an easy choice.)

I have a different Candidate in mind. (The "Trumpers," would never go for it though.)

*I Voted for Trump, the 1st two times. I'd prefer to Vote for someone else this time around. (For a myriad of reasons.)

Trump!

Biden will not be ALLOWED to run in 2024! The Dems can't hide his cognitive decline long enough to get to 2024 much less thru another campaign!

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

And That... Ladies And Gentleman..Is why the Democrats Will Win Again in 2024.. Because Even The Republicans are Backing Them....

• mstrblastermstrblaster Member Posts: 241 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to throw out a few things to consider. So on the idea that Fox News really gave in because of no proof is kind of like when Remington went bankrupt....isn't it all decided by lawyers and insurance companies? Remington wasn't in any way liable, but proving it was just going to be too costly to evidently justify. Most days, the cards and courts and judges are just stacked against you. There is/was lots of proof of voter fraud, with the ballots and machines. They had video, and just plain numbers that didn't match up (Tucker Carlson showed them almost nightly after the election), not to mention the ridiculous amount of time to take to 'count' said votes!! But the judges wouldn't even look or consider any of it. Always an imaginary timeline had passed that would not allow them to consider it, or some paperwork had not been filled out, etc.

You could liken it to the Hunter laptop. Specific emails liking the Biden Crime family to lots and lots of illegal activity, and yet they just haven't gotten around to even thinking about pressing any charges or doing ANYTHING about it. If they would only spend 1/2 as much time on the Clinton and Biden Crime families as they do on the Jan 6th demonstrators, it would certainly be a different world.

I don't mean to stir things up, but just want to give folks some things to think about. Just Sayin' :)

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go out into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness, how cheap, how cowardly, how pathetic. Ted Nugent.