In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt 25 auto

tobyfloyd61tobyfloyd61 Member Posts: 431 ✭✭✭
edited April 2023 in Ask the Experts

Comments

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Colt Jr. made by Astra I believe. 1958-68--no box, some wear, thinking 300-400

Even though it don't say that it is what it is. They are great little firearms. I have an Astra Firecat and it is a rock solid little pistol.

OK, it is the FIE model. Not as many of those, I should never answer a question again.

• Options

The guy I got this one from has another but where this one says caliber that one says calibre I think it was thanks grasshopper

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Grasshopper has it right. The Junior Colt was marked "Made in Spain", & was available in .22 short & .25 ACP. MSRP was $29.95. Astra made the same gun with their name on it; only difference was that it had plastic grips & cost only $19.95.

Neal

EDIT: I stand corrected; your gun is, in fact, one of the later guns made for Colt by Firearms International.

Neal

• Options

This one does not say made in Spain on it

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

The guns are very low recoiling because of the fairly anemic .25 ACP round and the overall weight of the all-metal pistol coming in at nearly a pound. But this little shooter is also an interesting storyteller about America’s shifting gun laws. The gun was originally made under a Colt license in Spain by Astra to cut down on the price. 

Colt had some of the later models, assembled in Florida to get around the 1968 Gun Control Act that effectively ended the importation of the Spanish-made Juniors.

(They do not have the Made In Spain stamp behind the trigger on the right hand side.)

Best Regards - AQH

• Options
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭

The one 'HenryOReily' referenced went for $535.

Best Regards - AQH

• Options

Soon as y’all told me astra made it I sold mine got 500 for it so I was pleased