In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

8 shot single action revolver in 32-20

KrtsKrts Member Posts: 2

Hello, I have an 8 shot single action revolver in 32-20. It is stainless, engraved with a 12 inch barrel and bone grips. The left side of the barrel is marked "In Memory of Pat Garrett" and the bottom of the strap is marked "No. 1" It's in very good condition and I would like to know the approximate value.

Thanks

Comments

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

WISH I could help but I can't wrap my head around what model that is? Perhaps Belgium? Any other markings on it as I am as curious as George.

• navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

Belgium was my first thought but could be Mexico or Brazilian also. That cannot be called engraving but the embelisment is well done. Assuming foreign manufacture, it could be worth $300 - 500 to someone who wanted it in MHO. Good luck.

• KrtsKrts Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the replies. There are no other markings on it. Looks like it remains a mystery.

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭

The markings tell us that it is a home made gun manufactured in the basement by a fan of old-time Western movies.

I suspect that it is "in the white", as stainless steel is difficult to engrave by hand.

Some .32-20 rounds were loaded for mid-power rifles, some were loaded for handguns. Without the cartridge box, you usually don't know what you have. We don't know how knowledgeable the maker was; I would not be comfortable firing it.

It's perfectly legal to make your own gun in most states, but a homemade gun cannot legally be sold under federal law. The regulations are not clear, but I would only give it away to a member of my immediate family. Since no FFL will put it in his bound book, the value is zero.

Neal

• kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know about homemade but it is certainly custom made. With that quality of work it should be possible to ascertain the maker. Can you take more pictures? I would like to see the cylinder. Making an 8 shot .32 WCF cylinder as well as the lock work is no small job. It is really a nice job.