In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1 Carbine help

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭

First let me state, I know nothing about them. LOL. My brother in law asked me to look at it, because the slide won't eject the case and load another round. He gave me a new main spring. I took it apart, and it has two main springs. Both are in like new condition. Not the problem. I took mine apart and it only has one main spring. I guess it is a different model. Everything seems to be fine as far as no broken parts, so obviously I am missing something. The bolt just seems to slide back and for very easily. Something is definitely not right. What should I be looking for??? I don't want to completely rip mine down, Because I know I will have trouble getting it back together. I was warned about that from a friend. If I can locate the problem, I can probably fix it. I have fixed numerous firearms, But am not familiar with the M1 Carbine. I did look up the schematics. Oakie

Comments