In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The dumbest one-liner I've ever heard.

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

Don't know if anyone has seen the video of the pregnant nurse in nyc getting off a 12 hour shift and at her rented bike to go home. 3 or so gentlemen, probably just leaving classes at Columbia law school, intercepted her and claimed that it was their bike. One gentleman who had his hand on the stomach of the 6 month mom-to-be said after being told to remove his hand "Your stomach touched my hand". Naturally, most of the media sided with the gentlemen calling the nurse a racist.

It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

They expect her to just give them the bike.

• FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like a typical NYC day to me….idiots arguing with idiots.

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭

There's a lot of bad people of all races in this country that needs removal 😠......who say's that ?......I do.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

I had to call them that Bubba Jr or the Mods would put me on double secret probation.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

"Looks like a typical NYC day to me….idiots arguing with idiots."

Nein! Watch the video. The lady is a Physician Assistant who had just finished a 12-hour shift at the hospital.

She walked towards the bike rack, and she paid for the bicycle with her Iphone. Some teenagers were staking out the bike rack, and before the lady could get her bike, a 17 year old kid had grabbed it and claimed he had paid for it, and the PA was stealing it from him. Meanwhile his buddy filmed it and they posted it on social media.

It was entirely a scam staged by the teenage boys.

• FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

If true, different story. Video I saw just looked like they were fighting over the scooter, with the origin of the argument unclear.

Truth seems to be an elusive thing when it comes to internet videos. There is almost always an agenda on one side or the other.

• chmechme Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭

Here in Virginia we are debating whether it is too late to drop the bridges across the Potomac River.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

I agree with Allen. I have read the background to this story. Her Lawyer has shown that she had indeed paid for the bike with that serial #, and then later - paid for another, with a different serial #. (She has the receipts.)

The Nurse, had been helping people all day, (12 hour shift, while 6 mo. while pregnant.) the "Gentlemen," were trolling. (And) Got what they wanted. They also pushed the bike forward, with her on it, re-locking it. She paid for another rental bike, after that. She has been vilified on Social Media, as a "Karen," has been put on suspension at her job, and is receiving death threats. Total Bovine Scatology.

• JohnERebJohnEReb Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

At least ten years ago I told my wife the world is upside down. Right is now wrong and wrong is now right. Read this article, if you can stomach it, which sides with the gentleman who were attempting to steal the bike. At least it's nice to read the comments at the end of the article and see there are still some sane people in the world.

Here's the first two paragraphs.

"The saga of Citi Bike Karen is a tale as old as time. A white woman feels slightly inconvenienced by a Black person or person of color and instead of walking away, they choose to dramatically weaponize their race. This behavior has led to the popular use of the term Karen, which sole purpose is to call out this group and their harmful behavior.

In this case, Sarah Comrie—a pregnant hospital worker—could have chosen to walk away from a dispute over a rented bike with a Black man. Instead, she screamed help, insisted that he was harming her unborn child and summoned tears seemingly out of nowhere. Whether she rented the bike or not is irrelevant: Comrie intentionally used her identity as a white woman to endanger the life of a Black person."

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

Whether or not she actually rented the bike, that is irrelevant, but she threatened the life of the teenager.

That is insane.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

BLM, until it does not. (BTM does not resonate with me.) 🤔

I am not Racist, by any means.

(But) The Reverse discrimination, has gone too far.

Guess who the most Racist are, nowadays?

Here is a Clue. It is NOT the White Folk. (Nor has it been, for a long time now.)

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,817 ✭✭✭✭