In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Whats it worth?

elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭✭

I have the option to purchase a Roy Rogers tribute Winchester 1892 saddle ring carbine made by Miroku put out by America Remembers in .45 Colt. It is immaculate and comes with a beautiful display case. With certificate that says 300 were made. Yea or nay. Are Mirokus enny good? It does say Winchester on the barrel with proofs. He also has a Chuck Norris .45 by Uberti to go with it. BTW, I am more of a shooter than a collector. Thanks in advance for your opinion. Ed, Life member VFW & NRA

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******

the Miroku's are probably better made than the original Winchesters (oh the hypocrisy), the Uberti's are just about as good as the originals. For 'shooters' you can't go wrong.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭

Had many Mirokus and top notch on all. They are imo as good as any German made shotgun , rifle -Roy Roger’s one sounds like a nice rifle but market is a limited one imo imo imo

• Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭

I have no idea on the value of a Roy Rogers 1892 but I can say that Miroku produces very nice firearms. I have probably six made Miroku firearms, both Browning and Winchester, and Mike is correct the quality is as good or better than the originals.

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭

I shook hands with Roy at the Chicago stadium many years ago😲