In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

When you pass

asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭

Not to be morbid here but I decided to renew our trust/will (been along time) and one of the topics was what my wife and I would request happen with our remains!! Need gave this much thought but, a good question I thought.

Comments

• asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭

I'm doing just as my mom did. Willing my remains to medical research. She was a nurse up until manic depression (bipolar disorder) forced her out of it. Probably TMI, but. My stepmother hated my mom with a passion, but she always said if my father were shot in the line of duty she wanted my mom in the ER when he got there.

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,823 ✭✭✭✭

Donating any/all of my organs that can be used. Whatever is left cremated

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭

All discussed and spelled out in our Living Trust......

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

Send my mouth way down south

And kiss my * goodbye

• roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭

I want to be cremated and half put in the ground at a grave and half scattered in the Destin harbor

Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭

My ashes will be buried with my wife's if I ever get well enough to bury hers. My wife's ashes are still sitting here in an urn on the end table beside me as I type. Every time I get well enough to have a memorial for her something else happens. First time I had to have heart stints installed in my widow maker artery. This time I was going to have the memorial at the end of April and I fell at the end of Feb. and I'm still recovering from surgery on both knees and walking with a walker.

• elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭

I have jokingly told my wife to dump my ashes into the fuel tanks of a Peterbuilt and have me blown out into the mountain air through a pair of twin stacks! Fast Eddie.

• Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭

Cremation. Or stuffed. My wife can decide between the two.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

I have thought on it many times

After watching countless YouTube post old grave yards forgotten after a few generations over grown and forgotten even mosaleams falling down and many body's , well bones spred out on the floors or exposed fromyears of neglect

And Body's dug up after x amount of years are just dirt maybea few pieces of coffin and bones

Ashes to ashes is pretty much dead on

For most all exceptions are out their of course but billions have come and gone over the eons

I think it's human nature to want to be remembered and leave at least some marker or head stone to validate we were here most all want To be remembered but reality after a generation or two no one will know

at one time i felt that way wanting a all our party send off when I go

But over the last few years I told my wife and she wants the same thing for her self just spread our ashes on the pet cemetery on our property

put up headstone with our names and something like

reunited at the rainbow Bridge

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭

Diane and Willies ashes along with mine will will go in one casket beneath Old Glory with a full honor guard. Bagpiper will play Amazing Grace in Louisa, Virginia. ------------------Ray

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭

I just decided to live forever. I'm already halfway there.

Joe

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭

Burn and urn, baby. Sprinkled on the golf course or a lake, maybe.

In one last act of defiance, I'd like to be cremated wearing a Nomex flight suit. And at the viewing, toss a bouquet to see who's next.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭

Cremated, ashes mixed with some 7.5 shot, loaded into some 12 g hulls, my sons and grandsons can take me dove hunting one more time.

My bride passed away over 2 years ago after a prolonged illness. Her great joy in life were her flower gardens. She was cremated, and our daughters spread her remains over her flowers.

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭

Donna and I are both being cremated. Half our ashes are being buried at our mountain house property, and the rest we wanted scattered in the gulf , off of Sanibel Island beach. I showed my son exactly where to bury us at our property.

Last year, we spread her mothers ashes, in the Atlantic ocean In a town called Strathmere NJ. It was her mothers favorite place.

• Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭

Recycle anything anyone can use, burn the rest.

I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭

We have decided to be cremated and interred at the local veterans cemetery which is free to all veterans and wifes.

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,823 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

We scattered my SIL ashes in the Gulf of Mexico on Pensacola Beach. She grew up there and loved the beach