In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tina Turner has left the planet.

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

She was a talent for sure. Gone at 83.

Comments

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

Was a great talent/ RIP lady.

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

I saw her perform at a conference that I attended in about 1981. She was at that in between stage of her early success and her later achievements. This was a small conference of about 200 people but she performed like it was a sold out stadium. She had a helluva set of pipes and could really belt out her earlier hits. After her performance she came out and circulated around and talked to the audience. She was a real classy lady. R.I.P. Tina, you will be missed. Bob

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

Saw her in concert about 1984. No could put on a show in heels like her.

• Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭

She was proof that anyone can succeed. A true loss.

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭

Truly amazing woman. She performed like she was 30 years younger. RIP Tina ----Ray

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

RIP to another amazing performer at 83 and her life style I say she did good

sad part and another reminder of how old I have gotten All the old performers nd movie actors i enjoyed are passing on

I Never really.paid much attention to her or when her and ike were together when i was younger

when I was about 16 yrs old or so the movie Tomy a so called rock Opra ? came out I watched it

She was in the movie along with a lot of the big name singers of the time I was a fan of elton john at the time also

but She was awesome and i became a fan of here's from that day on

She sure made a presence on stage

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,817 ✭✭✭✭

Saw the story last night on the news.. I had forgotten that she was the Acid Queen in the movie Tommy.

RIP