In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remember Uvalde

Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2023 in General Discussion

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of the terrible day in Uvalde Texas. May we bow are heads in rememberance of the children and their teachers 🙏❤️🙏

This is not an issue of gun control, this is an issue of broken families and mental illness. We the People who have our 2nd Amendment rights are not to blame, there stopped being God Fearing Parents and Right and Wrong. Also, to blame more than Hollywood is the makers of violent video games. They are brain washing the minds of young disturbed minds who are turning to beyond violent measures.

When did M for Mature start meaning E for Everyone?

Once again may the dear Lord be with the town of Uvalde tomorrow.

Bended Heart

Bended Knee

Tears to weep for you and me.

(Author: My mother)

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

Comments

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,821 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

I was reading the summary and the facts that are now known today, while at lunch @work.

The fact that there were 376 armed LEO's there that held back for an hour to confront the Gunman, was absolutely shameful. The Parents were (recently) finally allowed to watch all the bodycam footage of the event. (At their insistence.) One Father had to leave the viewing. Said he was "Absolutely Furious at the Cowardice He Observed while Children were being Slaughtered." He Stated - "Every single LEO there, needs to turn in their Badge and lose their Job."

Was also reading of one of the responding LEO's/Husband of one of the Teachers inside the Classroom that had been shot and was bleeding. He attempted to rush in with his sidearm, but was stopped by other's, had his Firearm taken and was removed outside.

Parents kept outside, observing all the Firepower and LEO's standing around outside, pleaded with those LEO's to give them their equipment and allow THEM to go inside, and were prevented from doing so. (Some were taken to the ground and handcuffed.) [That would've been me, because I would have tried to go in after my Kid.] No brag, just fact.

All in All, an Absolutely Shameful display of incompetence. I'd be absolutely LIVID, if I were one of those Parents.

Many, many people should have lost their Job, over this debacle.

Just absolutely sad, all the way around.

Shameful and Pathetic.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited May 2023

Total lack of leadership. Someone will have to carry this to their grave.

• mstrblastermstrblaster Member Posts: 241 ✭✭✭

Lose their job?? I think they should be in jail!! I thought there were laws about willful neglect or something. Unbelievable!!

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go out into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness, how cheap, how cowardly, how pathetic. Ted Nugent.
    edited May 2023

Public understanding of the response to the tragedy has been marred by refusals by state and local agencies to release public records, efforts by local officials to bar journalists from public meetings, and the closed-door nature of the hearings held by state lawmakers.

Those in charge at the scene were incompetent. Now, officials who are "investigating" are trying to cover up until they can create the narrative they want to make public.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^(And) Those Parent's are absolutely Furious about that.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They had to get access to view the bodycam footage through a 3rd party. (A News Organization.)

The Families has been absolutely shut out of what is going on.

(Which is a further injustice to those involved.)

This whole debacle, has been an Example of how NOT to handle a situation like this.

*(As an aside,) Multiple LEO's "interviewed" after the fact expressed reservation about confronting the gunman because he had an AR. (5.56/.223) That round would defeat their body armor. (What did the Kid's have??)

Guess what you are going to be facing in a Countrywide Weapons Confiscation effort? 🤔

(And) Not a Teenager with little/no Weapons experience either.

Just Saying.

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

It was a unique situation. Uvalde has its own school police force. Therefore the school police chief, a fat incompetent who was just putting in his time, so he could collect his pension, was in charge of the school shooting situation. Cobarde as they say in Mexico.

Sadly, all the SWAT team cops followed his orders to do nothing.

A shameful chapter in police work.

Cobarde, yes he was an absolute COWARD. And like other cowards he is blaming everyone and everything else for his shameful behavior.

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭

A very sad and tragic day in our history. I know, anyone of us would have given our lives, to save one of those children. May they rest in peace.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

I feel so sorry that the members of that community were protected by such cowards. Those children deserved better.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

Check our what that fat coward did after his firing:

Even though he was fired for cause, Pete Arredondo, the Texas school district police chief terminated for his actions on the day of a schoolhouse massacre last year, won an appeal to remove a blemish from his discharge file, according to a state think tank that studied his case file.

The decision does not enable Arredondo to get his job in Uvalde back, but it clears his record in the event he seeks employment at another agency.

"The whole point of this … discharge system is to be a red flag for hiring agencies," said Luis Soberon, a policy adviser for think tank Texas 2036 who released the report Tuesday. "If that is the primary function of this system, it doesn't work very well."

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited May 2023

allen griggs wrote:

"Sadly, all the SWAT team cops followed his orders to do nothing."

In my career as a Peace Officer, I saw quite a few vacancies, and notices to fill said vacancies, on the SWAT team, also called the TAC team.

One of the requirements, to which the applicant had to agree, was the requirement to "obey orders immediately and without question."

I never applied for membership on that team.