In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How I met my wife

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

That should be in Saturday Funnies.

• scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭

She’s a keeper.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,275 ******

Old school reply........"You'd better go ask her father!" 😁

• dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭

I think that is funny! What is sad is the number of people in this day and age that wont get it or would think that was disgusting if they did get it.

• FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭

Disgusting? Uh oh! I thought I got it…. But now you’re making me think maybe I don’t get it. Not sure I even want to know.

• elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭

Our first date was in A Kenworth logging truck.

• Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

While I was at Ft. Knox my first job was horrible -- a brand new Second Lieutenant trying to "advise" VN-vet Captains on how to do something.

Got a chance to jump ship after a year to a job I loved. They hired two women about that time and those Captains kept telling one of the ladies we ought to meet.

She was not interested in Texas Lieutenants at the time -- her roommate had gotten involved with one and then found out he had two kids and a wife back in Texas.

I wasn't very interested in Kentucky women -- I'd dated one. She was a widow; her father had shot her husband when he was shooting at the trailer she was in.

Then we met and she decided those Captains were right.

46 years together before I lost her to Covid/fungal pnumonia/cancer.

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭

It's been so long I can't remember😘

• 62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭

I first met my better half on racquetball court #1, at our downtown YMCA, moments after she had been hit in one eye by the ball.......while playing with a church friend.

I figured that the raven-haired beauty would benefit from my extensive injury experience. 😎😇🙄

That was..........a little over 45 years ago. 😉

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭

Met my wife by an accident. I was an EMT and she was in an accident. Today, May 30th, is our 40th wedding anniversary. I still haven't figured out why she ever stayed with me, yet alone married me. Blessed with a great son and many years of happiness. Hopefully, I can talk her into sticking around a few more years.😉 Donna will always be my beautiful bride. Donna is on the right in the black dress, and I'm the one in the Cowboy hat. Our son is on the far end, opposite of me. This picture was taken about 15 years ago, at my nieces wedding. My mom and dad are next to Donna and My BIL and sister are next to the bride.

Oakie

• Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

I met my wife thru a mutual friend. He and I, along with some others, had gone to a friend's party at a local pub. A few of us, my wife included, stayed and talked until we were told we had to leave. Nothing like shutting down the bar!

A couple days later, she reached out to me and we went for a casual dinner. She and I had a 4 hour first date and the rest is short history. Been married for 3 years now.

She's my partner in every way. My confidant, my support, the one God intended me to be with. The strongest woman I've ever known and her breadmaking skills are off the charts. And her eyes...best eyes ever.

I wouldn't change a thing. But don't tell her that. :D

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

I met my Bride at church camp when we were both 16. We dated through high school and then went to two different universities located 45 miles apart. We dated off and on and broke up our Sophomore year. I ended up with an internship in her college town 2nd semester of our Jr. year. We ended up dating again until summer when we both left for summer mission trips. We talked about marriage before we left and decided if we were meant to be together, we would know it when we got back.

3 months later, I returned on a Monday, I bought a ring, on Tuesday, asked her parent's permission on Wednesday and she said yes on Thursday. At the end of the school year, I graduated on one weekend, she graduated the following weekend and we got married a week later. We went on our honeymoon and I started Graduate school two weeks later....

We celebrated our 42 anniversary a week ago. Two great sons, One married with our grand daughter and another one on the way... I am a blessed man !

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭

Met first wife in a bar . I was drunk and she picked me up . 4 years later we divorced . Second wife was introduced to me by her mother at a singles club dance . Been together going on 23 years .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭

I sold my my future wife my first car, which incidentally became her first car. We've been married going on 34 years now.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

My wife was a family friend that I didn't notice much until she turned 17. We dated 6 months later we married her liking revolvers had little to do with it. 44 years this May.