In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CARP

asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in The Fishing Hole!
Their are alot of Carp in our lake. The DNR used to auction the rights to commercially fish for these. If they fell into a certain range[size etc.] they were sold to restaurants, mainly out east. Any one here catch these to eat?

Comments

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone bow fish these things? We really have some big females coming onto the shallows to spawn. Kinda neat to watch. One really big female with 6 or so smaller males following right behind her. Our local bait shop has arrows selling for $25 each[:0]
  • grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Arrows are less expensive on line. Fourteen bucks or less. Just. Bought an aws kit four $120. Two arrows,a rest,the reel, and line.
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, didn't notice how old this is!
    Spent my youth spearing and shooting carp with bows and arrows!
    So fun!
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad
    Wow, didn't notice how old this is!
    Spent my youth spearing and shooting carp with bows and arrows!
    So fun!

You're just always having too much fun, ED!!!!!!!!!!!![:D]
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    Have a friend that eats carp ribs. Not too bad acturally. He breads each one separately and fries them up. Some work involved but good eating!
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Back when I was in college ( the first time ?)? I worked part-time for a Buddy that his family owned a big sporting goods store : it was next to a leg of the national reserve lake : He would gig carp : His wife would make 'fish cakes' out of them : Really good cook !!!!
    I ate bunches of them as well as some of her cooking ????

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Back when I was in college ( the first time ?)? I worked part-time for a Buddy that his family owned a big sporting goods store : it was next to a leg of the national reserve lake : He would gig carp : His wife would make 'fish cakes' out of them : Really good cook !!!!
    I ate bunches of them as well as some of her cooking ????

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
    edited January 2021
    As "W.C. Fields" said when someone asked him what he thought of kids "Not too bad if properly prepared" !!