In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

gun rights

purectypurecty Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
I am a new person when it comes to gun ownership.

Ive always been fascinated by guns, always wanted to have them. I am 18 so my life is young. I have a Mossberg 640T 22 Mag, About to buy a Benelli Super Nova and will buy a Black rifle in the near future as well as plenty of other guns as i get older.

I want to join an organization that will fight for my gun rights and will try to preserve the 2nd amendment. The first org that comes to mind is the NRA but i wanted to ask you guys if there are anymore or better organizations that i could look into.

Comments

• purectypurecty Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    san a convicted felon's wife own guns in the same home? without being in jeapordy?
    edited November -1
    Just wanted everyone to know that if you let law inforcement push you around on your 2nd ammendment rights you will lose them down the road. So if any of you all go to your local sherrif's dept and apply for a permit, and they dont give you an application and take your money to apply and then tell you to come back in a few days, they are screwing with you and you should demand to fill out the application right then. If they continue to say thats not the way they conduct business...Call your lawyer[/b], and take them to court. Unless they accept the application, they can jerk you around for ever. They have seven days after the application is submitted to either grant the permit or deny the permit. If they deny your permit they have to give you a written statement saying why they denied the permit. Then if the reason isnt within the guidlines you can take them to court and sue them. Pleas fight for what is rightfully yours and dont let anybody take your gunrights away without a fight. Its the only right we have left.
    edited November -1
    If convicted on a domestic assault charge, is there any way to get your gun rights back?
    edited November -1
    You only have the ones "They" let you have.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA BENEFACTOR-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    i live in va, the charge was in federal court in 1953, but still on n.c.i.c.
  • dcinffxvadcinffxva Member Posts: 2,830 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes BUT

Not if you are in a position where she allows you access to them.

http://198.246.135.1/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308.2C1

18.2-308.2:1. Prohibiting the selling, etc., of firearms to certain persons.

Any person who sells, barters, gives or furnishes, or has in his possession or under his control with the intent of selling, bartering, giving or furnishing, any firearm to any person he knows is prohibited from possessing or transporting a firearm pursuant to ?? 18.2-308.1:1, 18.2-308.2 or ? 18.2-308.7 shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony. However, this prohibition shall not be applicable when the person convicted of the felony, adjudicated delinquent or acquitted by reason of insanity has (i) been issued a permit pursuant to subsection C of ? 18.2-308.2 or subsection B of ? 18.2-308.1:1, (ii) been pardoned or had his political disabilities removed in accordance with subsection B of ? 18.2-308.2 or (iii) obtained a permit to ship, transport, possess or receive firearms pursuant to the laws of the United States.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dcinffxva has it right.
    The following email is what I received back from them, when I asked the BATF this exact question....for what it's worth.

quote:Thank you for your inquiry to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). For information on prohibited persons of firearms or ammunition, go to the Gun Control Act, 18 U.S.C., Chapter 44, Section 922(g). Additionally, 18 U.S.C., Chapter 44, Section 922(d)) it is unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to a person who is known by that person to be prohibited. Therefore, the firearms or ammunition should not be accessible in any way to the prohibited person, no matter what relation is held. It is suggested that the firearms not be stored in the same house or domicile of the prohibited person, and would include preventing the prohibited person access to any keys associated with the storage or operation of the firearms or ammunition.