In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

25-20 Single Shot

smith52smith52 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
I looking for information on the 25-20 Single Shot cartridge; loading data, where to find componets, does anyone make dies for it any more? Any info will be helpful and appreciated.

Comments

• smith52smith52 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got a Stevens model 44 in 25-20 SS With some cases & dies. I need some loading data if someone has been shooting one. thanks
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    This cartridge as the name implies was mostly used in single shot rifles around the turn of the last century I believe you can still get brass and dies nice little cartridge I had one in a stevens rifle get an old Ideal/Lyman reloading book they will have data or Cartridges of the world will also have data and lots of good information.
    edited November -1
    perry,
    Thanks for the info. The rifle I have is a Remington model 2 rolling block and I am very much looking forward to shooting it.
  • cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got my dies from C-H tool & die 740-397-6600 Mt.Vernon,OH. Buffalo Arms Co. has an 86 grn. lubed bullet. Unique 4.5to 5.5 2400 at 7.0to 10.8 I got these from Bert H. over on the ask the expert side. brass is a little hard to find but still out there. you'll find old rounds on the collectable ammo. for sell side. good luck. [:)]Jay
    edited November -1
    Jay,
    Thanks for the info. I found brass a couple of weeks ago at Midway USA.