In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

best powder for 9mm

ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
out of bullseye,aa7 or hs-6 which is best for 124gr lead bullet in the 9mm? i have these powders all on hand.thanks

Comments

• Options
    ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just purchased a new S&W M&P 9mm. I'm looking to reload ammo for it.

What is the best powder for this caliber?

Thanks
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kind of hard to make the choice. I would go for the middle of the chart load that gave the best published MV for the powder used. Accuracy loads can be worked out from there.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    For a lead bullet without gas check, I'd go for the bullseye personally. Just enough to get the action to cycle.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used quite a bit of AA7 and it works ok. I started using it because I could get it cheap and it works in several applications. In my experience, attention to overall length is important in the 9mm since it has a pretty small case. I loaded some moderate loads that turned out to be pretty hot simply due to seating the bullet a little deep.
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    Try them all, they will all work. See which one you like best. That is what I would do if I were you.