In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

brass

RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
I'm going to get back into reloading after many years of absence. Going to start with a 243 with accuracy being the top criteria. Is there one brand of brass that seems to be better than others? Thanks. Dave

Comments

• RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone have 30-40 pieces of .243 brass they could spare? Not asking to get it free. I'll pay for it. I dont need/want new brass so I thought I'd ask if any of you had any once fired.
    edited November -1
    I made some 270 Winchester brass happy

I necked it down to 25-06, it never knew it could be that good[:D]
    edited November -1
    In with all the stuff I received was some brass that I won't use for a while. Quantity wise, there isn't enough to justify posting them on GB. Theres 142 10mm and 104 .38 special. What do you guys do with it? Trade it at a gun show or what? Theres a local pawn/reloading supply shop around here, I don't know if he would trade for some useful to me brass or not.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    isn't .270 brass .060" too long to be 25/06???
    [:D]
  • CheechakoCheechako Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The chances are that his factory chamber is probably a lot longer than it needs to be so the extra length may not matter. But, to be safe, he should trim them back if he hasn't already done so.

JMHO

Ray
    edited November -1
    yes, they must be trimmed.