In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Powder question

I started reloading late this spring and noticed something strange:

I am using hogdon titegroup and CCI primers to reload .45 ACP,
my rounds are now extremely dirty. I haven't had to clean that much carbon out of my gun and off my hands since I used Wolf ammo.

Is titegroup just a dirty powder or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• peppersacpeppersac Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who makes a powder named XMP 5744 it is listed in my speer #13 manual but I cant find anyone that has used it ...... any help would be appreciated..

Thanks David.
    edited November -1
    What powder does Hornady use in the 7mm factory loads? Or what would best duplicate it?
    edited November -1
    Is there such a thing as a universal powder for 38,41 and 44? Trying to keep the powder selection down to the basics if possible. I currently have H110, unique and 2400 on hand. Thanks.

Todd
    edited November -1
    When you finish loading for a day or two, How long do you leave the powder in the dispenser. I have a lock and load hornady press with an auto powder feeder and was wondering how long i can lleave the powder in it. Sometimes i load a few then quit for a few days because of my health. thanks
    JW
    edited November -1
    Would someone please recommend a powder that would be serviceable for both 9mm and 45acp, and another that would be serviceable for both .223 and .308?

Thanks in advance.
    edited November -1
    I haven't started to reload yet but have most of the equipment. With the equipment I bought I recieved 3 cans of IMR-4831. I was reading an old Lyman book (copyright 1982) and couldn't find any referance to this powder. I have another reloading book but haven't had time to get to it. Is this a newer powder ? I'm thinking of loading 22 Hornet, 222, 223, 257, 308 and 7mm Mag. Is there an "interchange" or cross referance for powder.
    edited November -1
    Are IMR4350 and H4350 the same powder.
    edited November -1
    hello, i have a few cans of older powder and was trying to fiqure out the particulars on them, like what this powder should be use for. have one can of hercules 2400. on the can is says rifle powder, although someone told me that this is for pistols? got one can of dupont SR-4756, and a can of SR-7625. not sure if these powders are still available. if not, what might they be eqivilant to todays powder?
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Close but It is always a good Idea to back off if loading max loads when you change even lot numbers of the same powder or even primers to be on the safe side. Normal loads I would not worry .
  • DENWADENWA Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 They are very close but when gettingnear max they start to show their differences, often over a grain.