In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Buck down

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
Will Team 5 looky what I got the other day...[:D]
[img][/img]14pointer.jpg
I called him with the "Can" came in like he was on a string given me a 17 yards broad side shot blew right though him.I used a 100gr Grim Reaper on him and he didn't go maybe 35-40 yards.Frist time I used these heads and think they will stay in m quiver right along with my 2 bladed Rage.

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Opening day of gun season today, I shot a buck at 45 yards with my Savage .300WSM. 70 degrees around 2:00pm in the middle of a cut corn field go figure and it was a 5 pointer. 1/4 of a mile drag im going to finish my jack and coke and head to bed
    edited November -1
    I stuck one last night. Nice little 9 point. A little broken on the 4 pt side, but good enough to earn my tag. My friend also shot a deer, but we where not able to recover his. Too bad... mid 140".

I also know of 2 other darn nice bucks taken last night and this morning. Really good to be taking these bucks with the gun season in full rage. It does suck to wear orange and carry a bow. I had to take off the orange for pictures.

small41.jpg
    edited November -1
    Tonight I shot my first bow buck in many years. A nice sized body 6 point, I shot it at 20 yards between a crotch in a tree. Hit him a little far back, took out one lung and his liver. He ran 75 yards and piled up.
    edited November -1
    Tonight I shot my first bow buck in many years. A nice sized body 6 point, I shot it at 20 yards between a crotch in a tree. Hit him a little far back, took out one lung and his liver. He ran 75 yards and piled up.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Congrats. Post some pics.[:D]
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the 6 point. Looking forward to some pics. I think over the next 2 weeks the rut will be heating up here in the Old Dominion(Virginia). We had 4 hunters at the farm for blackpowder opener. No bucks were seen, 1 doe shot and several does seen. I'm seeing rubs, but no scrapes yet. Again, great job on the buck.

Don
  • saserbysaserby Member Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very cool! Congrats!