In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Crossbow

reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
Now that years of practice have convinced me I suk with a bow,I've decided to invest in a crossbow any expert opinions will be welcome.

Comments

• reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got my new Horton XT today and it is fantastic. I shot within a quarter at 20yards, and it is very quiet. Have to find a new target as the old one is almost impossible to remove the bolts. Any suggestions as to a target that permits bolt removal fairly easily? The one I was using said you could pull them out one handed and on TV says you could use your teeth. BS!!!
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is alot out there. Not sure what you need but suggest check cabellas and read some reviews...
    www.cabellas.com
  • hslaterprycehslaterpryce Member Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 2 Horton's and both are excellent - 175#. Tack drivers! Do a google search for various brands. Lots of info on the internet. Barnett - bad rviews - myself and my friends have stayed away from them for that reason. I purchased my bows through Sportsman's Guide - seem to have the best package prices. More expensive bows seem to be lighter - there is a 2 pound difference between mine and that is ALOT having to trek around with! Good luck!
  • omegassomegass Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have just gotten in to crossbow hunting mainly cause my old butt can't hold the compound bow as good as I use to, that and the fact that my state made them legal for the hole season. So I got the new Horton Vision 175 and love at first sight. I played with others but just did't feel right, but the Horton o yea shop around you can find good deals on the internet good luck with what ever bow you get A good pro shop will help also most like to give a help.